Polar Bear by Vitour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought 4 off Amazon along with steel wheels to mount them on. Will have local tire shop stud,mount and balance. For my daughters car and she doesn't want to spend any extra on the Altimax arctics I recommended. They showed up yesterday and actually look just like the Michelin x-ice tires from a decade ago except they have stud holes. I wonder if the Chinese copied Michelins molds or bought their old ones. Anyone ever used or even heard of this brand?

They may have bought the old molds from Michelin.

Never heard of them, but you have an entry for the "weird private label tire name" thread.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Never heard of them, but you have an entry for the "weird private label tire name" thread.

No he doesn't. Nothing wrong with that name. Makes perfect sense for a snow tyre.

Are you SURE its Chinese?

I used to have a scooter here that came with the following slogan on the side

"We reach for the sky. Neither does civilisation"

Now THAT is what I call Chinglish.

Made in China and the company does seem to have a pretty large footprint in Asia. I'm actually looking forward to see how they perform and their longevity. About half the price of the General's I prefer. Time will tell.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

No he doesn't. Nothing wrong with that name. Makes perfect sense for a snow tyre.

I meant "Vitour".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back