Tesla fires hundreds of workers at HQ and factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Openly pro-union workers were among those fired this week. Some believe they were targeted."

There you have it. Musk runs a tight ship, and he doesn't want Union thugs bossing him around. You want a union? Fine, but it will be at your next job. You're fired.

A corporation no different than any other today. Profits before people. Another example.
frown.gif

OR-you can look at it and say the "shell game" that Elon Musk is playing is unraveling real quick. They are so far behind deliveries on the model 3 it's out right funny. He is finding the car business much more difficult than he anticipated.

Couple this with GM, Ford and others coming out with Electrical offerings over the next several years and this compounds his problems.

Tesla will either be bought outright or merged with another automobile company.

I'm taking wagers......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
CKN,

I do agree with you that Musk made promises that he couldn't deliver.

And then after not delivering, promises double that again.

Tesla fired the employees so they would not have to comply with California's WARN ACT. Instead of doing the right thing and laying the employees off for which the company would have to offer some severance package, they fired them instead. Way to go Tesla. Class act. This is probably because they cannot get the Model 3 production line working and people want their deposits back. Tesla does not have a very good rep in the valley as an employer. I imagine that perception was reinforced this week. Musk sure can shovel with the best of them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
OR-you can look at it and say the "shell game" that Elon Musk is playing is unraveling real quick. They are so far behind deliveries on the model 3 it's out right funny. He is finding the car business much more difficult than he anticipated.

Couple this with GM, Ford and others coming out with Electrical offerings over the next several years and this compounds his problems.

I'm taking wagers......

It almost sounds like you are bashing a manufacturer/dealership. It must be another slow Friday night. Now who on this site always complains about that?
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Kruse

I'm taking wagers......

It almost sounds like you are bashing a manufacturer/dealership. It must be another slow Friday night. Now who on this site always complains about that?
whistle.gif

Nope not bash-it's reality. And I have no one disagreeing with me-not even you.

Besides Tesla is not a REAL MANUFACTURER-they are a SHELL GAME.

Last edited:

I'm taking wagers......

Bingo. Tesla is a house of cards, the next Enron.

Tesla only exists because they borrow money from another one of Musk's shell companies. He has been playing stock swings by announcing huge developments and promises. The share price of this stock is outrageously priced. Tesla is more a cult type following instead of a company.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/TSLA

Look at the P/E ratio and EPS of this stock. That says it all in a nutshell.

Last edited:
FWIW, my new boss has the Tesla SUV and I've been in it. Aside from some of the neat features of the rear doors opening upwards like a space ship, the ultra high windshield line, the super quiet performance and immediate "go" it's really not worth the enormous price tag. Now he drives it because his brother drives a Porsche SUV because they can both afford to do so but I wouldn't give you that price tag for what you get.

Although the giant screen in the middle of the dash is pretty cool when it has the map showing on it.

I just don't see the vehicles being practical, a good value for the price paid and what you get. Further other manufacturers have more time in the game and will crush them when electric vehicles become mainstream.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
FWIW, my new boss has the Tesla SUV and I've been in it. Aside from some of the neat features of the rear doors opening upwards like a space ship, the ultra high windshield line, the super quiet performance and immediate "go" it's really not worth the enormous price tag. Now he drives it because his brother drives a Porsche SUV because they can both afford to do so but I wouldn't give you that price tag for what you get.

Although the giant screen in the middle of the dash is pretty cool when it has the map showing on it.

I just don't see the vehicles being practical, a good value for the price paid and what you get. Further other manufacturers have more time in the game and will crush them when electric vehicles become mainstream.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^+1000%!

Stanley Steamer, Baker electric, Tucker; any number of others have tread this path. Even Kaiser could not pull it off, and they were some of the best MFG's in the business.

AMC was not a bad company. But saddle it with Hudson and other interests, and it went down whimpering ...

Studebaker/Packard. Both proud old companies that had been around a long time and knew the ropes, could not make it.

It's a tough business on thin margins.

Elon want to see a different future. At least he's trying. We can complain all we want, but he's got skin in the game and he's doing something ...

OK, he may not be the nicest boss, but not many of the silicon heroes were. Anyone want to work for Steve Jobs when he was around ...

Corporations in general are evil! Of course there are exceptions. Corporation lobbyist groups run this country, via Congress. My humble opinion!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

If Tesla's vehicles came with a Lifetime Warranty, I would consider it. But, they only give you a five year warranty on the batteries. But, I'm not in the class of people who purchase Tesla. My doctor has Tesla, paid around $120,000. Insane......Now if it could only fly and float.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back