It's about lots and lots of coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Coffee Drinkers, How much do you drink daily. Can you go to bed right after a cup?

What is your beverage of choice coffee wise?

For me it's plain ordinary coffee. I usually put a splash of milk in the home brew but out and about I will take it Double-Double (2 Cream/2 Sugar)

I usually drink a decent pot or more a day and I can have a coffee and go to bed right after.

coffee2.gif

Last edited:
I can go straight to sleep after having coffee if I'm sleepy enough. I drink at least 2 cups a day. Sometimes I'll drink coffee in the evenings too, but the price of coconut palm sugar keeps going up and up. I need to cut back.

Pot a day, every day. Folger's "1/2 the caff". years ago I could drink a pot at work on 3rd shift, go home and sleep well. Can't do that any more. Not even de-caff. I drink it black.

Last edited:
normally 2 "cups" (16-24oz each) daily.
on the way to/ first 30 min of work, and lunch time
double double guy myself.
if i make it at home, try all sorts of different brands, but default is standard Tim Hortons original, with 2 spoons of sugar, and a pour of Coffeemate naturals Sweet Cream creamer.

out and about, swing through timmies for a real double double.
in fact, i have a Tim Card set to auto reload, when the balance gets below $5, it tops off to $25.
so i always have coffee money.

Last edited:
I'm pretty lucky - my work has coffee machines in each of the employee lounges at work - some are standard Bunn machines - although they have good coffee available for them - and some of them are Keurig machines, along with a large selection of coffees.. so I never have to go without some excellent coffee. I usually have a couple 15-oz mugs per day.

At home, I have a machine that is capable of making a full pot, as well as individual cups, and uses stainless mesh filters.

My favorite coffee at home is:

Blackbeard's Revenge - whole bean

I'm a coffee with my creamer type LOL

I can drink a straight black cup of coffee when I feel I need to lose weight and I go on a "cut"

Otherwise, I am a huge fan of iced coffees of varying flavors. Currently I am working on a cup or two in the morning of iced chocolate hazelnut coffee.

That being said, I have been known to sip on an energy drink throughout a day. I refuse to chug them, due to the overwhelming "junk" those things usually have, but I've found sipping on them along with drinking a lot of water, gives me a nice steady feeling. I try to only get the sugar-free (aspartame isn't very good though) versions or the Rockstar Organic kind.

It all tastes the same, but I stick with the smaller bags. I've tried buying the big cans or tubs and halfway through I get sick of it.

Light roast, dark roast, fine grind, coarse grind, blue mountain, nigerian, colombian.. its all just the same.

Coffee is but a means to an end for me and there have been times I've been tempted to just pop a caffeine pill with a glass of cold water to start my day.

My Nespresso Vertuo machine makes coffee, espresso and lungo. I will have two 10oz coffees in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon I get a hankering for another cup so I have a half-decaffionato. In the evening if I wish then a cup of decaffionato.

Espresso is occasionally when I feel I need a kick. I haven't tried the lungo yet as it's new for this machine. These pod brewers are great as there is no cleaning or preparing. The coffee itself is very good

I drink 48 oz of black coffee a day. Make it at home in a Cusinart 12 cup coffee maker? Nothin' fancy. Current mix is a 1/4 cup vanilla and 1/4 cup store brand french roast. It is usually consumed cold and black,sometimes hot or iced

any coffee from any store with cream and sugar. Not picky about coffee. Just not starbucks overpriced stuff, it is good though.

Keurig using Kirkland Breakfast Blend K cups. 2 servings in a tall mug with 2 drops of liquid stevia from Trader Joes with a teaspoon of heavy whipping cream.

When I was a young man and we would go visit my grandmother she would always have a large tin pot brewing on the 100 year old cast iron wood stove. Not only did she make the coffee strong but after brewing all day it could float an iron wedge! Other then her and my grandfather who took it black no one ells could drink it it was so strong!

Today I just have one lite cup at home or I get a large iced coffee for a buck at Cumberland Farms.

I would also like to say my grandparents both lived into there 90's drinking massive amounts of coffee per day so it can't be that bad for you!

I drink a pot(black 50/50 strong) a day plus, I often stop out for a large cup of DD/SB/TH with friends in the afternoon. NO, I can't go to bed after drinking a cup unless it's decaf. But, I stop drinking coffee by 4pm.

Last edited:
My favorite unregulated psychoactive drug.

Whatever cheap pre-ground coffee is on sale. Right now it's a Kona blend. I have a mini french press and I drink a cup in the morning with breakfast.

I really tried to believe the coffee snobs about expensive roasts. Some are slightly less bitter, some pack a real buzz, but they all taste like garbage. Coffee is not an acquired taste, we just get used to the pain of drinking it.

If it were an acquired taste, you would salivate at the thought of it. Nobody salivates at the thought of black coffee.

I like the darker blend of the Folgers black silk.

1:1 ratio. Typically I have 4 cups every morning. No cream, sugar, etc.

I try not to drink any much after 3 or 4:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back