Visited the new Summit Racing retail outlet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been ordering things from Summit Racing for over 25 years to keep from getting ripped off by local speed shops (Harry's Hot Rods, Speedtek, & Super Shops when they where around) I would love to have seen the look on "Harry's" face when he learned Summit was setting up shop in his backyard!!!

This place is HUGE, I would guess the showroom is 25,000 feet & another 600,000 feet in warehouse space....They seem to have their ENTIRE online catalog in stock.

Picked up Moog PS lower ball joints, Moog PS outer tie rods, & a AcDelco rack & pinion for my Camaro, All in stock & saved $150 from buying elsewhere. Also bought some AN fittings for a job & probably saved over $250!!

The staff is Excellent, The salesmen will spend as much time as needed. I have always used Aeromotive AN fittings & hose for fuel systems....As I was reading off my list, The salesman stops me & said Fragola makes the Aeromotive branded fittings. He is 100% right after comparing Aeromotive fittings to Fragola fittings at the shop, They both have FPS(Fragola Performance Systems) etched on them. The finish is a little rougher on the Fragola branded ones & they come in sealed plastic bags instead of the fancy Aeromotive blister packs.

Some people were getting upset because the lines at the sales counter then you have to wait in line for the Cashier, Then you have to wait for your order to be pulled. This was this past Saturday afternoon. I bet they are a lot slower at other times.

I had a good time & took care of some business all at once, If you live in the DFW area....I recommend it!

I use the Summit Racing that is located in McDonough, Georgia. It is a fun place to visit and I usually find neat oils and other items that you just don't see at other places. Heck, I even bought my lawn mower front tires from them.

Snapped a couple pictures of the frontage that faces eastbound I20....

6edhvw4.jpg

S1zYGyn.jpg

I saw that when driving someplace on my last visit to Arlington. Impressive building, will need to go in next time.

I live 10 miles from the Akron,Ohio original store (back when they had 2-3 stores)

It was an impressive remodel. They have full lines of boutique motor oil,gear oil, 2 cycle oil.
aisles of car care.

Tons of anything you could want.

Being from NE Ohio originally as well, went to the store in Tallmadge a few times as well, nice place. Pretty cool growing up in Summit County!

I used to wander around the Sparks store like the proverbial kid in a candy store. This new one looks huge in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back