.....and now Mississippi sues Dollar General over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I still can't wrap my head around this. READ THE LABEL PEOPLE!

Which is fine for most of the folks on here. But for all the other Tom, **** and Harrys out there I wouldn't trust them to read the label at all.
smile.gif

“Based on the quantity of its DG-brand obsolete motor oil sold compared to the limited number of automobiles for which these oils are appropriate, Dollar General knew or should have known that its customers were deceived by its marketing strategy.”

So, it's not in any way possible that the number of pre-1988 or pre-1930 vehicles that this oil COULD have been used on do not burn, leak, or otherwise use enough oil to generate the amount of sales in question?

If you're shopping for auto maintenance items at Dollar General, are you REALLY concerned about your vehicle (before some shmuck lawyer drops a promise of a huge payout in your lap)???

Motor oil for people who linger about the good old daze (and puts it in their brand new loaded pickup truck.)

The kind of people who would buy motor oil at a dollar store -- there's no help for people like that.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

The kind of people who would buy motor oil at a dollar store -- there's no help for people like that.

Dollar stores make good general merchandise/ convenience stores and are easier to navigate than an 80,000 sq ft walmart. I buy ibuprofen at Dollar Tree for cheaper than a pharmacy sells it. They don't sell it as "Ibuprofen (for cats)" and I'm glad to live in a country with legal standards for retailers.

You csn't fix stupid

In CA, Dollar General has to sell oil that's in line with current specs. I was at one for the first time and their house oil was SN-rated.

But people can't read, and if wasn't for PQIA making noise state government wouldn't act.

It's not just cars...my uncle uses DG oil, because his air compressor calls for non-detergent SAE30! I recall some older trucks and buses call for 30-weight in power steering systems, and older Allison transmissions. (Yes, some Allisons use engine oil.)

For that matter, I think he uses it in the (manual) transmission of his F-250.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back