Titan interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been changing the oil in my 08 titan every 6 months regardless of mileage since I got it. It has 87k miles and its time to change the oil again. Recently ive been using high mileage full synthetic but I checked my schedule and I only put 1500 miles on it in 6 months. Thats because I have a motorcycle and recently bought a 03 mustang gt that Ive been driving a lot. So, do I stick with the 6 month intervals or go to 12 months. I want to be driving this truck for another 10 years if possible.

Originally Posted By: s.ga.rider
I have been changing the oil in my 08 titan every 6 months regardless of mileage since I got it. It has 87k miles and its time to change the oil again. Recently ive been using high mileage full synthetic but I checked my schedule and I only put 1500 miles on it in 6 months. Thats because I have a motorcycle and recently bought a 03 mustang gt that Ive been driving a lot. So, do I stick with the 6 month intervals or go to 12 months. I want to be driving this truck for another 10 years if possible.

I would say you'd be safe going one year. But if you have doubts about that warm it up and extract a small sample through your dip stick tube and send it in for a UOA.

But the fact is you can do a DIY oil change for about the same money as a UOA.

Last edited:
Thats one reason ive kept doing them. Only cost me about $30 every 6 months which is nothing but changing it in 4 vehicles it adds up.

Last edited:
I say a year that V8 is extremely rugged I had a friend with one who ran whatever conventional oil that met requirements and was not exactly good about changing it either. He still managed to put 200,000 trouble free miles on that truck!

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
I say a year that V8 is extremely rugged I had a friend with one who ran whatever conventional oil that met requirements and was not exactly good about changing it either. He still managed to put 200,000 trouble free miles on that truck!

I hope to get that kind of luck out of it. Besides a battery and brake pads I havent done anything to be beside fluid changes.

You can go a full year with no problems
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back