Definition of old age...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was easier back then because each brand had their unique style unlike the cookie cutter cars we see today.

A bunch of memories there. Coffee shops. Shoe stores. Great music.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
It was easier back then because each brand had their unique style unlike the cookie cutter cars we see today.

Before domestic car brands started taking a lot of design cues from imports.

Nice Thunderbird turning left in front of the camera at 3:39 looking at the front bumper i'm guessing a '55.

Nice Buick at 1:21 i'm also guessing a '52.

Last edited:
I see a history museum parked outside.
grin2.gif

That's back when cars had style. Would be cool to see some of these brought back in electric when we all end up that way.

There must be a bunch of really old geezers here, this was shot the year I was born and these cars are nothing special to me. A '57 Chevy Nomad maybe just because but my car lust starts around '69 with the Chevelles and Camaros. What's to like here... bias tires, carbs, 3K on 30 wt, not a thought about safety, worn out by 100K. Fun as a hobby today sure but as a daily driver now no thanks. Now put some of those bodies on today's drivetrains and you've got something. What is the little wagon @ 2.32?

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
There must be a bunch of really old geezers here, this was shot the year I was born and these cars are nothing special to me. A '57 Chevy Nomad maybe just because but my car lust starts around '69 with the Chevelles and Camaros. What's to like here... bias tires, carbs, 3K on 30 wt, not a thought about safety, worn out by 100K. Fun as a hobby today sure but as a daily driver now no thanks. Now put some of those bodies on today's drivetrains and you've got something. What is the little wagon @ 2.32?
. That little wagon is a Nash......you young whipper snapper! Some of these old geezers owned the sixties cars you lust after. I owned a Marina blue 4 speed 66 Chevelle SS 396 when I was in High School....so there!

Originally Posted By: PimTac

A bunch of memories there. Coffee shops. Shoe stores. Great music.

IMHO you are just old. Every car today is just as easily ID'd as the cars you remember. Each OEM is looking to brand their image...and they are doing it well. Yes, the general aerodynamic shape is taking over the big picture shape of a vehicle, as feds force fuel economy...but there are many of details filled in by each individual maker making cars unique. I think people just lose the ability to adapt to newness and lose interest. I have been digging cars for over 30 years, and I think they just keep getting better and sexier (except for that stint in the 80's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back