Tec select T48 CUT OPEN, 5,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. This filter and I'm guessing Havoline 5w20 Conventional was off a friends 2012 Chrysler 200. Put a wix filter on with some QSUD 5w30. Car has over 106,xxx miles on odometer. There were slices in ADBV also; tried best to get clear pics of those.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Nice low cost oil filter.

I like a center tube with lots of holes like the one shown in photo.

Me too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Peter_480
Is it a Purolator?

Yup, has the Purolator date code on side of the can

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: Peter_480
Is it a Purolator?

Yup, has the Purolator date code on side of the can

I thought that code looked familiar.
smile.gif

Hey, where did that one member go to that didn't like louvers in the center tube?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Hey, where did that one member go to that didn't like louvers in the center tube?
21.gif

That would be crazyoildude. He was last on line in January. Otherwise, "I know nothing".

Originally Posted By: WellOiled

21.gif

That would be crazyoildude. He was last on line in January. Otherwise, "I know nothing".

He pasted away a while back. There was a thread in the OT forum about it. RIP Crazyoildude.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: WellOiled

21.gif

He pasted away a while back. There was a thread in the OT forum about it. RIP Crazyoildude.

OMG! SERIOUSLY? RIP CrazyOilDude!

1zqdefl.gif

For a jobber tier filter and Puro made on top of it, this one looks pretty good. Just don't understand why on some applications they use a central bulbous part the adbv with direct pressure from the leaf spring on the inlet holes. Thus indentions or cuts. Not all of them do, 14612/14610 don't.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

OMG! SERIOUSLY? RIP CrazyOilDude!

1zqdefl.gif

Here's the thread from earlier this year right after the holidays. It seems so much longer than 10 months ago.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4327881/1

SS, thank you so very much for showing me that thread. I had no idea. This must have happened during one of my hospital stays.
I also want to thank ALL of the BITOG members here that shared their feelings, condolences', and Prayers for Brian (CrazyOilDude). We might not see eye to eye on certain things here, or agree with opinions. But in the end, we are just one big happy family! And just as you have shown your feelings for Brian, I'm sure we ALL would do it for ANY other member here as well!
God Bless you Brian and may your Soul rest in Peace.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back