C-Magic Radiant Ceramic Coating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
Has anyone here tried out C-Magic's new Radiant ceramic coating? I just found out about this stuff yesterday and it sounds interesting, it could be the ceramic coating I've been searching for! I've been reluctant to go with a ceramic coating myself until I found one that was very user friendly and this one sounds like it could be! I don't think it's as strong or long lasting as the professional grade coatings, but it sounds just as easy to apply as Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish, so even if you need to redo the coating every couple of months for best protection, it's not a big deal, as the stuff isn't super expensive nor does it take long to apply (probably 20 minutes per coat)

I want to try it out for myself but when I check on their website they don't ship to Canada and I can't find anyone up here that sells it
frown.gif

While I can't speak to that product specifically since I've never used it, I will give an opinion based on what I'm seeing on their website, etc..

Radiant looks like a 'spray wax' form factor of a ceramic coating. While this might work, I have to question the amount that actually goes down during a regular spray application vs. a more conventional automotive ceramic type coating, like C-quartz, etc... The price seems decent, sure, but what is the longevity and how much actual protection does it really provide? If a single application lasts a year, for example, then I suppose it might be worth doing, but I can't find any real-world examples of its effectiveness.

Personally, if I was looking for an inexpensive coating that's easy to apply, I would rather go with something that's a bit more 'proven' and has a lot more user reviews/feedback available, such as McKee's 37 Paint Coating which can be found over on AutoGeek for $45, including applicator. It has been used extensively by many members of AutoGeek's forums, and has a ton of great feedback, so you know it's a good product.

IMHO, the best coating you can get, though, is going to come in bottle/vial form and require some prep and patience, but will also last for YEARS on a single application... but that's me. I do understand the interest in something that goes on 'easy'

Optimum glosscoat is probably the easiest to use ceramic coating on the market. There are others that look better and may last longer, but this one is the easiest to use.

Vehicles need to be properly prepped before coated. This includes decontamination and a light machine polish (at a bare minimum).

Most of these coatings (except optimum) are probably made by the same few mfgs in Korea and repackaged by many different boutique marketers.

The one thing that worries me about the longer term ceramic coatings like Optimum is how long do they really exhibit all the great properties for? In other words, the slickness, the dirt, dust and water repelling ability, some people say that it's great at first but tails off after a while. So even though it's still protecting the finish from the elements for 2 or 3 years, you aren't seeing the same level of the "good stuff" after a while. With a cheaper product like Radiant, you could freshen it up often and retain those good qualities all the time.

This product sounds a lot like CarPro Reload or Gyeon Cure. There are several spray type sealants like this on the market. They are initially sold as toppers or coating refreshers to be used on coated cars but consumers have discovered they are a quick and easy way to put down a temporary sealant. If you wash your car on a regular basis then one of these products could be a timesaver especially if you use it as a drying agent.

Silica/Quartz is going into everything now. A number of car waxes have this as a ingredient.

If you want a easy coating for longer protection look at Gyeon Can Coat or GTechniq Liquid Crystal.

If you have a pressure washer there are products that you spray on then pressure wash off. Instant coating. Gyeon Wet Coat is one example.

Lots of good car care products these days. No longer a need for Simoniz wax.

Set up an account with a Canadian Customs Broker (use the Yellow Pages where you live) with a US warehouse. Then have the vendor ship to that US address; they will have no problem with that. The Broker will carry it across the border and re-ship Ground to you. You may be able to take advantage of free domestic shipping for the US leg.

As far as the material goes, I wouldn't use it myself so no comment.

If you for some reason have difficulty finding a Broker with the above facilities, PM me. But, look first, because mine is not very close to you.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
Set up an account with a Canadian Customs Broker (use the Yellow Pages where you live) with a US warehouse. Then have the vendor ship to that US address; they will have no problem with that. The Broker will carry it across the border and re-ship Ground to you. You may be able to take advantage of free domestic shipping for the US leg.

I could actually have it shipped to the UPS store in Lewiston NY, my wife has done that a few times with items she wanted from the US that wouldn't ship to Canada. But I have contacted C-Magic directly asking if there is a CDN distributor so I'll see what their answer is first. Sometimes when I've contacted companies like this they have even sent me free samples, so I'm hoping that could happen as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back