No love for Lucas oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive read lots of Lucas oil product "bashing" over the year from diff people ...however I have a friend who uses it in his truck ,car and 4 wheeler and I never seen any problems in the 6+ years ive known him. and he said he has used it "for years now" Why the no love of lucas?

Seen no problems isn't an advertorial for optimum or even decent lubrication.

Although I've heard that ASTM and API are considering "nothing blew up" as a performance spec in the new round of specs.

Pointing out the flaws in a product, a product line, or their ads isn't "bashing"...

For starters, their "additive" contains virtually nothing except a thickener, so while adding viscosity, it subtracts additive treat rate by diluting actual oil additives.

As to their performance...results like this...
motorcycleoilshearstabilitychart.gif
don't build confidence, do they ?

BTW, I'm also an "Amsoil basher" per the Amsoil fanbois (oh and I "bash Royal Purple too per their fanbois)

They make great stickers, and pay to have them plastered over everything that moves.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

LOL! But, but they don't want you to spin it that fast.......... lol

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Seen no problems isn't an advertorial for optimum or even decent lubrication.

Although I've heard that ASTM and API are considering "nothing blew up" as a performance spec in the new round of specs.

Pointing out the flaws in a product, a product line, or their ads isn't "bashing"...

For starters, their "additive" contains virtually nothing except a thickener, so while adding viscosity, it subtracts additive treat rate by diluting actual oil additives.

As to their performance...results like this...
motorcycleoilshearstabilitychart.gif
don't build confidence, do they ?

BTW, I'm also an "Amsoil basher" per the Amsoil fanbois (oh and I "bash Royal Purple too per their fanbois)

They make great stickers, and pay to have them plastered over everything that moves.

You don't like Amsoil? I agree on the RP, I get a lot of UOAs from guys on the track. Oh do the hearts always break when they find out how poorly it did!

IMO Lucas is nothing more than an additive for people to try and squeeze the last few miles out of a worn engine. Oil formulators know best and dumping a bottle of something in isn't required.

With real world experience of 1.2M Miles (2M KM's) under my belt and using nothing more than high quality fluids, I can tell you that all my engines/transmissions have made it to the scrapyards with around 300K Miles (500K KM's) with no noticeable oil consumption and most with no / minimal leaks.

Just my experiences FWIW.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: danielLD
You don't like Amsoil?

No, I don't like their marketting.
4 ball
meets or exceeds.
I've even had the gall to ask them what test they have used to claim that it meets certain OEM specs, and get "I'll ask the question from corporate and have an answer immediately"...which has gone on for months with no answer.
HTHS 3.4 was good enough for a meets or exceeds A3/B4.

But questioning their claims is "bashing"...never once said I don't like Amsoil...ACD would be on my shelves if I didn't have to pay Oz prices for it.

I use one Lucas product … when the GMC OEM power steering fluid oxidized I started pulling out a pint at a time and replaced with Lucas synthetic … took a few swaps to get it clean … but now I just swap one pint/year and it stays clean …

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I believe the question was about Lucas oil. Not the gooey addative.

They are different companies ?

stickers...and sucker's money.

Lucas oil reminds me of ZMAXX. That microlubricant that soaks into metal [censored]. Probably won't burt anyhting but isn't going to help anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back