VOA Liqui Moly MoS2 Leichtlauf 10W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Liqui Moly MoS2 Leichtlauf 10W-40 oil, was recommended by a friend. I see reviews and VOA on the 5W40, but not the 10W40. Anyone have a VOA and/or familiar with this? It's for my Montero in signature. At least it's something I am considering. Any thoughts/opinions are deeply appreciate! Danke

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: Pajero
Hello,

Liqui Moly MoS2 Leichtlauf 10W-40 oil, was recommended by a friend. I see reviews and VOA on the 5W40, but not the 10W40. Anyone have a VOA and/or familiar with this? It's for my Montero in signature. At least it's something I am considering. Any thoughts/opinions are deeply appreciate! Danke

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I am reminded of an old saying that to get the rich girls in bed you had to spend the money on expensove wine but the middle class girls did not require that level of pampering...just a California selection was fine...even a few domestic beers would work. All but the rich girls never knew the difference.

No disrespect, I like the 20 year old Monteros, but why are you wining and dining that girl with such exotic fluid when plain old Wal-Mart selections would make her just as happy?

Collecting opinions! It's 34.00 on amazon with subscription. I tried PUP 5W30 and it under performed for my application. I thought it was one of the best, according to BITOG. But, I've learned that every engine is different and I have a unique application with high altitude environment. Also, obsidian makes your belts slip. It's in the sand in New Mexico. While wheeling in Colorado (summer), my soft drinks and chips began exploding around 12,000 feet!

I definitely need 10W40 or thicker. I won't sweat paying another 20.00 for an oil change, as long as it's good stuff and the Germans are very good at engineering!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I still don't understand what makes your environment so much different from any other exteme duty?
does your engine actually think the load its under is different from any other work environment it is tasked to perform in.

I can understand that thinner air would not offer as good of cooling but 12,000' also has cooler ambient temps.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
I still don't understand what makes your environment so much different from any other exteme duty?
does your engine actually think the load its under is different from any other work environment it is tasked to perform in.

I can understand that thinner air would not offer as good of cooling but 12,000' also has cooler ambient temps.

See UOA!

No disrespect...I agree with ArticDriver. I briefly suffered from the same thinking. Be patient and stock up on your favorite Pennzoil Ultra when on sale with rebates. Check UOAs for proof...supertech will buy you some time to stock up during sales on higher end oils. Just my advice from someone who has been there myself.

If I were in your situation, I would look at Mobil 1 or EP and take advantage of the $12 rebate...not sure what you feel about Mobil...but wouldn't break the bank for a somewhat higher end oil. Hope that helps. Take care.

Last edited:
Collecting opinions! It's 34.00 on amazon with subscription.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Why not some Supertech 10w40 with a can of LM MoS2? It will perform the same for a lot cheaper...

I personally think that LM oils are over hyped/expensive/... over the pond just because of MoS2 mentioned in their name
smile.gif

Respectfully,

Kamele0N!

See UOA!

I don't see it in this thread.

Did you attach it?

Thanks

Old Japanese engines love moly in their oil. I believe that there is no moly in Liqui Moly. One of the strange facts here.

See UOA!

I don't see it in this thread.

Did you attach it?

Thanks

Here is the link .

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Old Japanese engines love moly in their oil. I believe that there is no moly in Liqui Moly. One of the strange facts here.

That's what I've read. This one does have Moly, it's a greyish looking oil. I read some reviews on the Russian forums. In Germany the govt test the oil to validate it's claims. Again, that's what I read. I don't always believe what I read on the internet. But, I do respect German engineering and their regulations. They did create synthetic oil in WW2. Their ammo (MEN) is outstanding. I am still brainstorming and haven't made a decision on what oil I will use. I know Supertech has some good reviews. I still have some Eneos Sustina 5W30 that I haven't used yet and Idemitsu has moly in their oil. I did try Mobile 1 5W30 a few years ago and it made my lifters really loud. Haven't tried the HM yet. Decisions decisions!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: PimTac

That's what I've read. This one does have Moly, it's a greyish looking oil. I read some reviews on the Russian forums. In Germany the govt test the oil to validate it's claims. Again, that's what I read. I don't always believe what I read on the internet. But, I do respect German engineering and their regulations. They did create synthetic oil in WW2. Their ammo (MEN) is outstanding. I am still brainstorming and haven't made a decision on what oil I will use. I know Supertech has some good reviews. I still have some Eneos Sustina 5W30 that I haven't used yet and Idemitsu has moly in their oil. I did try Mobile 1 5W30 a few years ago and it made my lifters really loud. Haven't tried the HM yet. Decisions decisions!

Respectfully,

Pajero!
Give the M1 a try. If you don't like it, try the Liqui-Moly. The M1 will be easier to obtain. Of course, if you're feeling froggy, there's always this:
http://www.ravenolamerica.com/motor-oil/10w-50-racing-motor-oil-ravenol-rse-racing-sport-ester/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back