Purolator P1 PL-14006 6,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks. Back home from brothers place out east. This P1 filter I'm going to guess was off my brothers Saab suv(same size as a trailblazer with the 5.3 v-8 engine. Oil was Carquest synthetic 5w30 also. He put another P1 as he said he has a few of these older ones left with more Carquest synthetic 5w30. Enjoy the pics

No tears, no shredded ADBV, AND it lasted for 5K miles?

It is a miracle...and that's all I have to say about that...

Yeah, I was glad the filter looked good
smile.gif

This 1 case proves Purolator is all good, and we have been wrong all along about tearing in these things... LOL
Got a bit wavy, yet held up OK.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Purolator

When a successful run is a pleasant surprise..
Another pleasant Purolator surprise:
Although I had my doubts about it, the Purolator L16311 cartridge I recently removed after 9536 miles looks just fine, too. I see no reason it couldn't have gone considerably farther. Lest anyone jump to conclusions, it was made in 2012, and constructed very differently from the recent L16311. The media paper appears more similar to that of my Fram TG10358 than to that of the new L16311.

Sometimes you hit red, other times you hit black when playing Purolator Roulette.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Sometimes you hit red, other times you hit black when playing Purolator Roulette.
laugh.gif

LOL
thumbsup2.gif
I'm not much of a gambler, I enjoy reading about them but I'm done with them.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
No tears, no shredded ADBV, AND it lasted for 5K miles?

It is a miracle...and that's all I have to say about that...

+1

It is a miracle.
37.gif

Thanks for the C&P

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Looks good to me I see no reason for Purolatorphobia but I'm sure someone will set me straight in a few nanoseconds.

I am here to burst your bubble!
I have an old yellow P1 I have yet to cut open. But, before I cut it open, I PROMISE you there will be TEARS in the media! I have to keep the drive alive!
Well, I want my 15 minutes of fame on here too.
smirk.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back