USPS does not deliver packages today, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a package in the mail. Amazon says it's out for delivery today, and USPS' website tracking says the same, but that can't be right, can it?

Well if they deliver Sundays for Amazon they should do holidays too, right?

Depends on the level of service. I've gotten plenty of US mail and packages on Sunday and holidays. But it has to be something other than normal delivery. Something someone paid extra for.

Blanket statements are usually risky....... and wrong.

Last edited:
Quote:

In November 2013, Amazon.com announced it was working with the U.S. Postal Service to deliver packages on Sunday and holidays, starting in Los Angeles and New York, and in May, it added 15 more cities. In recent weeks, it has rolled out to even more cities, including Seattle, Portland, Northern New Jersey; San Diego; Fort Worth, Dallas and Houston in Texas; Richmond, Va.; Washington, D.C. (plus Virginia suburbs).

https://www.geekwire.com/2014/amazon-getting-packages-sunday-via-u-s-postal-service/

Amazon packages are generally handled separately from regular mail. And yes it will be delivered today. Unless it gets lost in the mail.

Amazon and USPS have a contract for delivery on non-traditional days.

I received one today as well.

Today's a Federal holiday and no they normally don't deliver mail and/or packages on Federal holidays. My friend at our local post office says some of the new hires with nothing better to do, DO in fact deliver on Federal holidays to catch up on the backlog. I just saw USPS truck this morning on our street delivering a parcel to my neighbor. And yes, Amazon and the USPS has a contract to deliver on Sundays and Federal Holidays.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Got a package in the mail. Amazon says it's out for delivery today, and USPS' website tracking says the same, but that can't be right, can it?

Really the USPS makes some deliveries of packages here on Sundays. Its been happening for some time now.

Last edited:
When I order something from amazon "no hurry 8-14 days" it tends to show up on Sunday! Makes me
mad.gif

I received a package via USPS today, Columbus Day, from Amazon.

They have been delivering on Sundays and Holidays. Pretty cool. Amazon must have paid USPS a pretty penny for that service.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I received a package via USPS today, Columbus Day, from Amazon.

They have been delivering on Sundays and Holidays. Pretty cool. Amazon must have paid USPS a pretty penny for that service.

I doubt it, more like USPS tries to stay afloat by keeping its workers busy at low / no profit margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back