2015 Lexus RC-F 10,000 mile OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Here is one of my personal cars, with every trick I know out. This vehicle sees redline fifteen to twenty times a day, is a driven daily for less than 10 minutes on average. Typical results at 10K for this engine are in the 40ppm area for iron and copper.

I could have gotten the FD to 0% if I really wanted to but way too much effort. At some point we all have things to tend to.

Quote:
This vehicle sees redline fifteen to twenty times a day, is a driven daily for less than 10 minutes on average.

That's impressive. 10 minutes of daily driving, and a trip to redline every 30-45 seconds. Interesting oil warmup methodology.

17/15/12 10,000OCI 17/16/12 5,000OCI
>4 Micron 793 945
>6 Micron 308 367
>14 Micron 23 28
>50 Micron 1 1
>100 Micron 0 0

Particle counts don't show on my reports due to the formatting. But here they are, this is a pore blockage PC and not optical laser which often jams with automotive oils.

10 minutes daily X 365 days per year = 61 hrs of yearly driving. 10,000 miles on the OCI apparently at a yearly pace (35,000 miles over 3 years)....or an average of 164 mph whenever driven.

Originally Posted By: wi11iam
is there a way to vote thumbs down to this poster and his/her nonsense?

yes, in the posting icon thing.

What nonsense?

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Nice looking report. What does that outfit charge to do an UOA?

Good question. It honestly depends. I do enough UOA through my job, that I get different pricing. If I had to guess, they'd probably retail something like that, to a one time buyer, maybe around $80-100.

Test Oil happens to be one of the best labs in the nation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back