Laptop docking station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want a docking station for home and work laptop. Anyone have experience with this one?

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Universal-Docking-Station-Ethernet/dp/B00ECDM78E/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1507299211&sr=1-5&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011

If you plan on streaming video and using those dvi ports on dock it may not be as smooth as you like. Typically they use your laptop processor to do the video when external ports are involved. My laptop heat up and occasionally hiccup if I used usb sourced video.

Last edited:
What are you going to be doing on your laptop? If it's anything graphic intensive, such as gaming using high FPS rates and high resolution, then you might have issues.

No gaming. Just work stuff. Have a brand new 27" AOC Best buy monitor, may get another one. High speed work laser printer. May run a cat5 cable, wireless a little flaky in this room. Not clear how much I lose converting this to USB. The actual work docing station that connects underneath is expensive used on ebay. and I want to connect other makes and models i have in the house. maybe stick a USB stick in it for storage. Some type of swiss army knife setup thats clean, hide the wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back