Simple and durable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in to see if anything has come along lately that is easy to apply and durable? Due to time constraints in life I have to move to something like Nu Finish since I can only seem to get a waxing in once a year these days.

I'm not crazy about Nu Funish and what it does to black plastic but I have a long history with it knowing I can get a year out of it no problem. Any others out there?

CQuartz - do it once, not that simple first try... but then you top it up with HydrO2 which can't be easier...

Originally Posted By: R_W_M
Zaino Clear Seal Not cheap but good product. Wipe it on and walk away . . . couldn't be easier.

I have been an avid user of Zaino AIO up to this point. It is easy but only lasts about 6 months for me. Will this last longer?

I use nu finish and meguiars ultimate wax for ease of application, price and durability. It’s perfect for me and my cars

Originally Posted By: badtlc
Originally Posted By: R_W_M
Zaino Clear Seal Not cheap but good product. Wipe it on and walk away . . . couldn't be easier.

I have been an avid user of Zaino AIO up to this point. It is easy but only lasts about 6 months for me. Will this last longer?

I try to get a new coat of Zaino CS on our daily drivers a couple of times a year and the finish is always good at that point. I use the Zaino Z-7 car wash and follow up with the Clear Seal, that's all. I have been doing this for 10 years on my 2005, so have many layers in place. Finish seems to last forever. FWIW, our cars are garaged (or, more accurately, carported)

After many years and many many dollars I decided to go back to old school. Bought some Liquid Glass and am very pleased with the results. Shines as well as the "gourmet" sealants I have used. Can't speak of longevity but I remember from back in the day that water beaded for a very long time. Plus I got a little on my black plastic trim and it wiped right off without leaving residue stains

Don

I like the Optimum Spray wax. It calls itself a spray wax, and it applies like a spray wax, but for practical purposes its a spray sealant. It seems to behave about like the much more expensive Chemical Guys Jetseal. As best I can tell, it's good for about three months. It has a fairly narrow temperature range for application, under 90 degrees and over 50 degrees, so, check on that before you buy. Not so good for Phoenicians nor Floridians I guess.

Got me in trouble with another forumite for saying so, but based on my experience I wouldn't apply it every wash. Once a month is plenty.

Last edited:
Collinite 476s here. Lasts thru the barrage of winter crud and summer just fine.

I always leave it to try other stuff, but come back to it every time. Prefer it over Jetseal.

We should have a sticky closed to responses at the top of this forum with "BITOG D&W Top Picks" to stop the same threads from reappearing constantly. I know not everyone agrees but there are some definite common denominators after reading the forum for a while.

Best microfiber for money: Costco
Best spray wax: Meguiar's D156
Best commonly available wax: NuFinish
Best specialty wax: Collinte 845
Best sealant: Jescar Power Lock
Best ceramic coating: Opticoat
Best for removing tar: 70% isopropyl alcohol & microfiber
Best car wash for money: Meguiar's D110
Best no rinse wash: Optimum no rinse
etc.
etc.

Simple and durable used to be Armor All Extreme Shield Wax. There was no need to rub in or let haze, just get the surface wet and wipe off. You literally can wax your car in 15-20 mins after a car wash. Average life was 1 year. Shame that I cannot find it anymore.

Luckily Meguiar's Fast Finish has taken it's place. It's arguably faster since it's a spray rather than a thick liquid and no need to haze as well. I have yet to go 1 year. It's only been 2-3 months so far and I'm loving it. You can even use it on leather and I tested it in a home mirror and on the shower wall.... yup... drew my name with it and I can still read it.
smile.gif

Seriously instead of applying wax once every year or so and trying to find a rare unicorn durable wax, it's time to move on to a quick applying wax every 3 or 4 car wash. Especially if you wash with a wash+wax, use a drying aid like a wax-as-u-dry. Times have changed and for the better when it comes to wax.

Last edited:
If you're going for simple and durable, why not go with something like CarPro's Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant ? In terms of ease-of-application, it's really tough to beat.

- Wash/clean car thoroughly, and leave wet
- Mix the Hydro2 in a 1:3 ratio with water
- Spray on your paint
- Let sit briefly
- Spray off with a STRONG spray of water, ideally a pressure washer
- Dry
- Enjoy up to 3 months of protection

Sure, 3 months is not the BEST in terms of durability, but honestly it's pretty good considering that it takes just a couple minutes to apply.

There's also Gyeon Wet Coat which is a very similar (albeit pre-mixed) product by Gyeon.. which goes on in virtually the same manner, and seems to have very similar results.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax. Easy on...Easy off. Looks nice. Buy at WM.

Meguiar's Ultimate Fast Finish is even easier to apply and costs only $12.97 at Walmart (vs around $20 for ULW)

I usually dont rely like this, but I just find out this myself. I recently get caught into detail bug since I bought my cobra terminator, I been know this profession detail coworker , after talking with him recently about detail, I never buy anything off the shelf again.

Finish Kare is really good and durable wax. any of CG stuff is junk, specifically Jetseal, washes right off after first maintenance wash

I’ve had great luck with 3m Performance Finish. Easy on and easy off, shines great and seems to protect very well against sap, salt, grease, etc. My Honda paint (known weakness on my gen) still looks brand new after all these years sitting outside 24/7, still beads up after a year or so of relentless Seattle rain, longer on the Benz that is garaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back