Do you take advantage of Car product rebates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my Autolite Spark plug rebate and am waiting on my Monroe strut rebate.

Do you often buy because of rebates and have no problem getting them?

I have been doing the M1 rebates fairly regularly and they have always come through.
I make a point of sitting down at the computer, scanning the receipt, and submitting my rebate request as soon as I get back from the store. Could probably do it right at the store with my phone, but I hate trying to type in info on that thing.

Walker exhaust burned me out of $40.

I sent all the stuff in properly, and got a postcard saying I didn't. I called the 800 number, operator said, hey let me pull up your scans. Oh, yeah, you're good, wait another couple weeks. Rebate tracker section of their website reads "approved-- gonna mail in 2-3 days." Still waiting, 2 years later.
mad.gif

Discount Tire Direct has been the big cahuna for rebates and always comes through for me, with hundreds of dollars on the line.

Between store deals and MIRs, I'm totally stocked up on various flavors and grades of M1 as well as some PP and QSUD.
Quality oil for less than a buck sixty a quart average seems like a stash-worthy deal.
You can often also find useful MIRs on tires, oil filters and various other products for your car, like the plug and strut MIRs you found.
Valvoline MIRs have become uncommon while those from Castrol have always been quite rare.

For the most part good luck with Mobil, Pennzoil, QS, and Goodyear but will never do a Purolater again (burned) and it seems that the clearinghouse for a lot of rebates (Inmare or something like that) is looking for every excuse to deny for household product rebates. Seems like only the oil rebates are worth the hassle, all others too small and too difficult to comply.

I did a Monroe rebate last Spring. Took a long time and a few phone calls, but I did get the money.

I never cared for MIR deals until discount tire direct honored them with their visa gift card rebates. Made it possible to get quality tires at a helluva deal. Now I like using the oil rebates as well.

I suppose I'd try other MIR rebates in hopes of continuing my string of good luck, but other than DTD and oil rebates, my best discount finder has been the internet lol

I use rebates they are hit or miss. I've been waiting for my QSUD rebate for over a month now. Retiring from IT after 29.5 years I have to tell you they make something that should be as easy as pie a little difficult and confusing. I have to believe it is intentional.

I've had success with Shell/Pennzoil, Gabriel, Cooper, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, Napa, and Fram rebates. Fram is a sister company to Autolite, so I don't see why you're having trouble getting the rebates. Maybe an email to Motorking might help
smile.gif

I'll do a rebate for the Menards hardware store because it's always prompt, even if it's for store merchandise only.
The last auto rebate attempt was for G-Oil. (Remember them?) It never arrived and I no longer participate in automotive rebates.
If you want a good laugh, check out the price of G-oil stock....

Originally Posted By: Kruse
I'll do a rebate for the Menards hardware store because it's always prompt, even if it's for store merchandise only.
The last auto rebate attempt was for G-Oil. (Remember them?) It never arrived and I no longer participate in automotive rebates.
If you want a good laugh, check out the price of G-oil stock....

Whoa... lol

I've done the oil rebates recently due to this forum. It's a gateway drug. Actually, I never knew about oil rebates til I started creeping around on here. It's nice to get that surprise check 6-8 weeks out when you forget about it.

I did KYB + RockAuto's rebate earlier this year. Got $40 back. Took about 12 weeks to see the Visa gift card.

Otherwise I usually just shop for sales or discount codes. Instant satisfaction over delay.

Originally Posted By: ZebRuaj
I've done the oil rebates recently due to this forum. It's a gateway drug. Actually, I never knew about oil rebates til I started creeping around on here. It's nice to get that surprise check 6-8 weeks out when you forget about it.

I did KYB + RockAuto's rebate earlier this year. Got $40 back. Took about 12 weeks to see the Visa gift card.

Otherwise I usually just shop for sales or discount codes. Instant satisfaction over delay.

That's what I meant earlier when I said I save most of my money via the internet, should have clarified.

Discount codes like those that I find on retailmenot.com have probably saved me over $500 during the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back