X wife intro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my ex wife.....
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
As your former wife and present friend?

This sounds pretty safe!

After being divorced for 20 years, why are you and your ex at the same gatherings, and why is it up to you to introduce her to anyone to begin with?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
After being divorced for 20 years, why are you and your ex at the same gatherings, and why is it up to you to introduce her to anyone to begin with?

Exactly!

Is she the mother of any of your kids? I've heard "the mother of my son" but that might come with a snark factor.

Originally Posted By: Bud

Exactly!

This

I see her at my children birthdays and grandchildren events. I sometimes get stuck when someone new asks who this is. I like the suggestion to use the first name or former wife. I'm trying to keep the situation pleasant for all. Ed

leave the X out of it,
Just say the is an old friend (name)
if they ask more tell more, but leave it at that.

or this is (name) (kids name)'s mother.

My brother's inlaws are similar, they are both remarried and get along socially just fine and frequent family events as part of the group with their spouses. They just go with first names on introductions and move on, the rest of the info will fill itself if they care to dig.

Originally Posted By: Bud

Exactly!

Right....

But to answer the question - "Hello this is [name], meet [other name]" No need to introduce as ex at first, only do that if the conversation goes that way. "We were married once a long time ago".

Hard to imagine how introducing one person to another can be so compliceted:

Quote:
"Hello this is [name], meet [other name]"
confused2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back