Need recommendations for 2004 TSX tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Conti PureContacts are becoming dangerous in the rain, any good 215/50/17 tires at a mid range cost?

I'm satisfied so far with my BFGoodrich G-Force comp-2 a/s. If you are looking towards a performance oriented all season.

Goodyear Assurance Comfort Tread Touring. Nice ride,nice handling. Last about 45,000 miles. Not cheap but look for promo prices,

Your car probably came with Michelins that had 2 ply sidewalls when new. There are many tires that have a 1 ply sidewall which will most likely give you less steering response than the tires that came on the car new.

Is that what you want?

I would read the test conducted by the pros on the TireRack website and ignore responses on here. The first four people gave you 4 different brands. The first response was the official tire of BITOG, the General RT43. General is the midline brand owned by Continental. I'm not saying the RT43 is bad, but it gets tossed around here too often.

Originally Posted By: Dohc98vteC
My Conti PureContacts are becoming dangerous in the rain, any good 215/50/17 tires at a mid range cost?

Are wet performance and cost the only requirements for your tires?
Are you looking for summer tires?

Krzys

Istalled Conti 235/60/17, TRUE CONTACT so far in the rain great driving .low overall noise , impressive traction . Plus 80,000 mile warranty .

any good 215/50/17 tires at a mid range cost?

Same size as my 3.0L Accord. Been running V rated General RT43s for a couple years now, very satisfied. They compare very favorably to the Michelin Primacy MXV4's I had on previously, the RT43s a better value. That's my recommendation.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Your car probably came with Michelins that had 2 ply sidewalls when new. There are many tires that have a 1 ply sidewall which will most likely give you less steering response than the tires that came on the car new.

Is that what you want?

I would read the test conducted by the pros on the TireRack website and ignore responses on here. The first four people gave you 4 different brands. The first response was the official tire of BITOG, the General RT43. General is the midline brand owned by Continental. I'm not saying the RT43 is bad, but it gets tossed around here too often.

The rt43 is an excellent tire. We have a set on the matrix and they are great. They replaced a set of michelins and they feels the same in every regard except for snow traction where they are better than the Michelins.

if you haven't gotten the tires yet, those altimax's are very good. had them on wife's sonata and they wore evenly, and great in all conditions... you won't be disappointed.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

Is that what you want?

when i bought the altimax tires a few yrs ago, i never looked on here.... it was the tire rack reviews as well as MANY other forums that brought my attention to the tire. yes michelins are good and i've had them, but they have had a reputation over the last few years as prematurely wearing down.

Another thing, is that dry rot on the edge of the tread?

Last edited:
[img omitted]

No, that's the junction between the tread rubber and the cooler running base rubber. Nothing to worry about.

Mind sharing what's its inflation pressure , against placard details ?
The wear appears uneven , to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech

Those look pretty old, what is the date code?
See, people think that little bit of dry rot makes tires look old.

But when I say something about a Michelin tire that has 10x the cracks, I'm a Michelin basher!

Yeah they aren't old (date code 1514). I get them rotated and balanced every 5k. They have around 48k on them and are have 4- 5/32 depth. I keep them at 34 psi vs 32 on the placard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back