6) Brad Keselowski

7) Chase Elliott

8) Kurt Busch

9) Kasey Kahne

10) Kyle Larson

11) Ryan Newman

12) Danica Patrick

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Seems like Nascar drivers tend to have first names that are more popular in the south.

Its a moon thing!

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Big Oops for Larson.

Making Big moves...already in 8th

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Seems like Nascar drivers tend to have first names that are more popular in the south.
Yet only two of the top 12 were born in the South. We won’t hear any Petty’s, Allison’s , Pearsons, Jarretts, Yarboroughs, names called today and it’s Dale Earnhardt Jr’s last race at Charlotte. Wow....I think I just discovered why Nascars popularity has gone down the tubes!

You say, "...I think I just discovered why Nascars popularity has gone down the tubes!"

Why, because the Yankees have taken over?

I think it's that the mind numbing broadcasts have simply had their run.

It's a weak product at best.

Originally Posted By: Kira
You say, "...I think I just discovered why Nascars popularity has gone down the tubes!"

Why, because the Yankees have taken over?

I think it's that the mind numbing broadcasts have simply had their run.

It's a weak product at best.
Nah, that’s not it.....just referring back to the Southern names statement.
whistle.gif
Half of the top 12 are from the Midwest and Cali......... cough..pcpolice...cough

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Truex wins.

Terrible.

It comes down to three drivers. Truex, Larson or Kyle Busch

Kyle Busch or Larson deserve it in my opinion. Both great drivers. Truex on the other hand wasn't very good until he was put in top of the top tier equipment.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I still think the double interview thing is weird.

Absolutely agree. Feels forced and awkward.

Alex Bowman gave the cehckered flag from the xFinity race to a fan last night, that is an awesome tradition. I know it is more common at local tracks, but it is awesome that Ryan Blaney took it to NASCAR. Also his not doing a burnout is epic IMO. Reminds me of a player scoring a touchdown and instead of doing some stupid dance, just giving the ball to the ref and walking back.

O and I don't mind Truex winning at all. He had bad luck for a long time and finally has some good luck. He does a lot for charity and I think is a really good person.

Just saw Kurt coming up behind Kyle Larson during his interview and apologize for what happened. Kurt sure has come a long way over the years.

I wish they'd remove the restrictor plates and let them run. Like Earnhart Sr said, "All you gotta do is lift your foot if you get scared." That's what I'm talking about....

NASCAR has become too PC. Make sure you drink that Coke and turn the bottle just so during the interview. And get that brand of sunglasses on, too.

I am so happy I have DVR, I can watch entire race in 15 minutes. I watch the beginning then I just FF until I see the yellow caution button. Then I'll go to about the last 10 laps. It seems NASCAR has a way to make things exciting in the last few laps in about 40% of the races.

Where is Ric Flair when you need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back