Porsche asks Audi for $234 million ref dieselgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/awkward-porsche-asking-audi-for-234.html

"According to Reuters, Germany's Bild is reporting Porsche has asked Audi to pay €200 ($234.6) million to help cover the costs it suffered from the dieselgate scandal. The paper goes on to claim the demand was made in a written statement from Porsche's management and then delivered to their colleagues at Audi.

The request probably won't help the sibling rivalry between the two companies but Porsche wants the funds to help cover costs related to legal counseling, retrofitting effected vehicles, and providing support to customers..."

Pretty much a boring, who cares news story.

Porsche-Audi-Volkswagen have a weird, complicated intertwined ownership/relationship.

I remember when Chrysler Corp. used Audi engines for a short while in the late '70's early 80's before developing their own 4 cyl. front wheel drive engines (which had a "HEMI" nameplate on the 1st year K-car).

Originally Posted By: exShuttlemech
I remember when Chrysler Corp. used Audi engines for a short while in the late '70's early 80's before developing their own 4 cyl. front wheel drive engines (which had a "HEMI" nameplate on the 1st year K-car).

I think that badge said "Hemi 2.6" and I have one somewhere boxed away lol

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Pretty much a boring, who cares news story.

Porsche-Audi-Volkswagen have a weird, complicated intertwined ownership/relationship.

Add Skoda to the pot. Best cars from VAG and VW is not happy about it.

Omni/Horizon started out with European engines. They were“Peugeot” because Peugeot had purchased Chrysler Europe; others were designed and sold by Volkswagen. I think the VW was a 1.9.

The Hemi was an actual Hemi. It was a 2.6 Mitsubishi engine.

After that they got the 2.2 or 2.5

your thinking of the [censored] 2.6 [censored] 4 cylinder from Mitsu foisted on k=car owners, talk about soiling the Hemi name.

Chrysler did use some 1.7 vw engines in the 78 omnis

Whatever happened to Peugeot in the US? I remember that they had fairly large cars and I think that you could get a diesel.

I also believe that Renault had a large stake in American Motors, and distributed the Alliance and Encore through these dealerships. Remember the Fuego and the LeCar?

Whatever happened to Peugeot in the US? I remember that they had fairly large cars and I think that you could get a diesel.

I also believe that Renault had a large stake in American Motors, and distributed the Alliance and Encore through these dealerships. Remember the Fuego and the LeCar?

Peugeot withdrew from the market, just like Renault, Alfa, and other niche European marques with too little demand.

They've been plotting a comeback, albeit slowly and carefully. If they are to have any hope, they'll have to execute better than Alfa has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back