Meguiars Gold Class Vs Ultimate Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which wax do you guys like better? And do you use it in paste or liquid? And also which one of the car washes?

I'm a fan of all the Meguiar's Gold Class items, for ease of application and scent above all else.

I believe the Ultimate is the best choice if you want the newest technology, but the paste gold class is just luxurious to apply.

And for the car wash -- the gold class also. Smells really good and produces thick suds.

They are both good. The Ultimate is a synthetic wax so it will last longer. If you have a black or close to black vehicle I would use the Ultimate for sure. I personally use Gold Class soap and wax.

And yes the Gold Class soap does smell good.

Ultimate wax is the way to go. Goes on thin and even and wipes off easier than almost anything else I've used.

And it won't stain plastic.

Originally Posted By: dslofti
Anyone use the cleaner wax they have ?

Unless you're applying with DA, I wouldn't bother with an All-In-One polish+sealant.

And if you are applying by machine, there are better AIO products available.

Anyone use the cleaner wax they have ?

I used to use the cleaner/wax. But the deal is once you do a polish, the surface is so smooth, the wax goes on so smoothly and quickly it is hardly a bother. So it’s not twice as hard/long to do separate steps. More like 1.4 times the effort. And the results are much better and longer lasting.

Even when I used to do it by hand, I preferred at least the two step to one combined cleaner/wax.

I have discovered plumber’s putty makes an excellent medium clay. If you are hesitant to try clay because of cost or tracking some down, just try that. You will be surprised how easy it is, and then how easy it makes the next steps (presuming you need that level of prep).

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
You guys use paste or liquid I’ll be doing it by hand?

Liquid. A little goes a long way.

Paste is more durable and comes off easy
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83

cheers3.gif

+1
thumbsup2.gif

Unless I have some serious reason to select a liquid, I will virtually always go with paste. My one exception so far has been Collinite 845.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Unless I have some serious reason to select a liquid, I will virtually always go with paste. My one exception so far has been Collinite 845.

It's easier to preload a 6" pad with a liquid sealant/wax.
wink.gif

There's the reason.

But he's planning on applying by hand. So I guess the paste would work well.

It's easier to preload a 6" pad with a liquid sealant/wax.
wink.gif

There's the reason.

But he's planning on applying by hand. So I guess the paste would work well.

Preload?

Thats funny.

Gold Paste has greater depth IMO but the Ultimate is atleast twice as long lasting.

Originally Posted By: Malo83

cheers3.gif

+1
thumbsup2.gif

I would recommend the 845 over any Meguiar's wax/sealant...it will outlast them 2 to 1, and looks just as good, if not better doing it...

Ultimate wax is the way to go. Goes on thin and even and wipes off easier than almost anything else I've used.

And it won't stain plastic.

"and it won't stain plastic."

+1

i used both and both are good.... ultimate lasts a bit longer but feels and looks slightly different. the key is proper prep... use a good clay bar--i prefer the blue clay magic then either of those waxes and you'll be good.... you could use the ultimate during times when you don't wax as often like winter---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back