Alternative for Kubota Super UDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in the process of buying a Kubota tractor. It takes 11 gallons of Super UDT fluid to change out the transmission/hydraulic fluid. That is like $200 of fluid. Are there cheaper alternatives that are just as good?

Perry

Don't cheap out on brand specific TDH. Using cheap fluids usually causes chatter in the transmission. If it's a Kubota dealer try to get them to change it as a part of the deal.

One of my really good friends back in Michigan is a Kubota salesman and also does pickups for service and repair. They see a LOT of tractors with burnt up HST transmissions from using the wrong fluid. For what it's worth he also told me ( and I verified via PDS) that Kubota fluids are made by Valvoline. So perhaps the best non OE fluid would be Valvoline. But I'd use that at your own risk, $200 in the grand scheme of a tractor investment isn't a lot.

A reputable Universal Tractor Transmission Oil UTTO would foot your bill.
Other than major brands from Shell and Castrol, there are other choices in States.
The following may be considered ..
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4529130/Re:_Caterpillar_Hydo_Alternati#Post4529130

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back