Why are people buying supertech Dino when....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevron supreme is now priced lower at WM? Keep in mind the 5-20 and 5-30 variants of CS are semi syns with a good dose of moly.

What r u thinking walmart?

Plus Walmart TLE doesn't use ST oil. In their base oil change package or pit crew special as they call it, they use Quaker State oil.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Plus Walmart TLE doesn't use ST oil. In their base oil change package or pit crew special as they call it, they use Quaker State oil.

Quaker State imagine that would yah LOL

They do not sell Chevron Supreme at any Was-Mart I know of in Ohio and Castrol is what my local Wal-Mart uses for oil & filter changes. Not every store uses the same brand.

A few times a year, Kmart puts Smitty's on sale for prices that put Walmart to shame. It can be found for $7-8 for the 5qt jug! That's what I would use if price (without any rebates) was absolutely the most important thing.

At my Walmart Supertech is stocked and Chevron Supreme isn't. That's reason enough to buy supertech.

Originally Posted By: lawrencerd
At my Walmart Supertech is stocked and Chevron Supreme isn't. That's reason enough to buy supertech.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

People are not going to make a special trip to somewhere else to buy Chevron. Only those select few on BITOG who drive all over town to buy oil at .50 cents a quart would do such a thing.

When does the year end autozone oil sale begin. We should be close. usually $10/ 5 qt jug for any of them including full synthetic

Originally Posted By: spk2000
When does the year end autozone oil sale begin. We should be close. usually $10/ 5 qt jug for any of them including full synthetic

That sale doesn't hit here until Dec. Still have a few months to go.

The Walmart by me pulled every single bottle of Mobil Super off the shelf.
confused2.gif

I really liked the CS 10w30 in my Buick at $11.77 a jug but it appears my wally is not stocking it any more, they only had a couple jugs of 5w30 left. They appear to be stocking more Mobil products which is fine I like Mobil Super. Although I bought some PYB at $15 this time just cause it's so well liked here, believe it or not it's the first time I've ever purchased Pennzoil.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
Originally Posted By: spk2000

That sale doesn't hit here until Dec. Still have a few months to go.

After picking up about 40qts of Quaker State @ AAP from their clearance, I am interested to see if Pennzoil or Edge will be on clearance at Autozone. Might end up being a hoarder after all lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN

People are not going to make a special trip to somewhere else to buy Chevron. Only those select few on BITOG who drive all over town to buy oil at .50 cents a quart would do such a thing.

No running around needed. Stopped into AAP last month when I needed a $4 package of air dam fasteners. Saw the QSUD/QS Defy synblend still on clearance and loaded up. It's not hard to plan an "on your way" trip for 39c/qt synthetic oil.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same here. I've never seen Chevron or Havoline (which some people here say they see) at any Walmart before.

I use ST on few CSOB friends oil burners and leakers but now will use AAP oils since they're AMALIE oil. Or I'll use Harvest King side it's $6~ for 5quarts.

Plus I have 25 quarts Chevron Supreme

Maybe the WMs in your region are far from the nearest ST bottler (or there's a supply disruption) so they got a deal on CS but Chevron for whatever reason won't sell private label.

WM sold Goodyear Integrities, the same tire you'd get from a GY store, near the end of that model's run. Maybe there's a CS successor in the works, or just a glut.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same here. I've never seen Chevron or Havoline (which some people here say they see) at any Walmart before.

Got several Jugs of Havoline® ProDS® Full Synthetic with free shipping about 2 weeks ago for $16 and change each. Its still out there online but now its $18 something.

Originally Posted By: jj51702
Chevron supreme is now priced lower at WM? Keep in mind the 5-20 and 5-30 variants of CS are semi syns with a good dose of moly.

What r u thinking walmart?

Don't know what you are talking about.
Just looked on Walmart.com.

Looks like Supertech is cheaper to me (I do see that the 5qt Supertech is on Rollback though)?

Plus as many have said, no Cheveron in store for immediate pickup for me, needs to be ordered.
I do agree that the Chevron oils are good oils. "better" than Supertech? Depends on how you define better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back