Who has a vehicle lift in their garage/pole barn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a serious diy person on vehicle repairs you would probably own a lift to make repairs easier.

Who has one and which one do you have?

I have a danmar cadet 6000xl scissor lift. It's a compromise over a 2 post for sure, but it was cheap, didn't need installation and I can park on top of it without bashing my doors on vertical posts.

It lifts to 48" and will support 3 tons. Locks are automatic. It's rough/impossible to do exhaust work, but anything wheel end, engine related and some transmission work are a breeze now.

I bought it at Costco 3 years ago. Best purchase ever.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I have an ez car lift. If you have sports cars, it’s a must

I'm really interested in purchasing one of these. On their website, it says it will lift, I think, to 29" I have about 27" of vertical clearance. Can it stop and hold steady before peaking out?

Yes it can. The EZ car lift is a worm drive device - no hydraulics at all. My friend borrowed mine to work on a C3 corvette and it held it up for 4 months before it was let down. I love the compactness of it when you are done - mine is stored under a bench right now.

I have a 10,000lb Worth 2 post lift and a (forget the name) car storage style 4 post lift in my shop. I do everything and cannot understand how I did without lifts before. Everything is easier but most importantly you clearly SEE everything with a car on a lift vs on a creeper. I also stay much cleaner.

Another EZ Car Lift owner here. Biggest tool purchase I've ever made (by far) and every time I use it, I come away thinking how much I love it. The mechanical design (no hydraulics, infinitely variable lift height with no longitudinal displacement during lifting), commodity power source, and small, easy to move and store design won me over and I consider them basically a perfect match for my garage/weekend maintenance use case.

I have a couple of friends who had the space and went for a real two-post lift (both of whom pulled the trigger after I talked about the EZ Car Lift!) and I will say that if you have the space and don't need the portability, a two post hydraulic lift is probably a better option. You can get way more lift capacity and height within the same price range that way.

There's also the Ranger QuickJack if you do need small size and portability but don't mind hydraulics or only a couple of lift height options. Not made in the USA though if that matters to you.

I have a used Rotory
lift I bought many years ago for $600. I can slide it around as needed.

I'm not a DIY owner at all. But if you are going to DIY for any and all repairs (as many posters here seem to be) I can't imagine doing it without a proper lift.

You didn't specify what type of vehicle lift but I do own a Black Widow motorcycle lift purchased from Summit Racing.

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
You didn't specify what type of vehicle lift but I do own a Black Widow motorcycle lift purchased from Summit Racing.

"vehicle" left it wide open....
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back