Locked Out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old Nexus 7 tablet that sees occasional use. I want to install the Torque-lite ap, however the play store wants me to log into my account. I can remember the UN, but not the PW.

I attempted to recover it, was sent a code to enter, but it fails the verification process.

Worse, I never wrote down the info. I searched all of my back emails for any account info I may have received, but no joy. I must have deleted it.

Can't call or email them, thus I'm stuck.

Please advise!

Same another username and password or you can't then shut it down and hold the power and volume down rocker which will sent it into factory reset mod.

Some tablets and cellphones can be locked to one account and if that is the case you can factory reset the thing.

Last edited:
Did you ever generate recovery keys for that Google account? If so, you should be able to use them in this scenario.

Originally Posted By: MoneyJohn
If its Torque lite, its a free app. Use another username and password.
It is, however I'm required to log in before dwnld, even though it's 'free'.

I've never bought anything through the play store either.

I've searched my written computer notes and find no mention of setting up the N7 tablet. I may have just gone from screen-to-screen and boom...it was done.

I did dwnld a map ap last year or before that was free. It also req'd a log in. I don't use the mail nor ever give out that gaddress.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Did you ever generate recovery keys for that Google account? If so, you should be able to use them in this scenario.
I'm asked:
  • Month & year account was set up.
  • Any PW's I remember.
  • I give them an email addr (not g acct), they send a code, I enter it. "Unable to prove acct belongs to you."

No personal information Q's like other sites.

I created a new account and wrote down all the info before touching 'Next'. Now I need to reset the N7 and create this account? Will all personal data be lost? The slate wiped clean?

Looks like I need to backup first or ensure what's on the N7 still remains on the confuser it's connected to.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Wait, have you tried to reset the password for that account?
Yep...couldn't log in to reset.
When you're locked out...your Tango Uniform. Period.

I backed up the N7 data, reset, created a new g-account, finally got the N7 to access my Wifi, now I'm having to go through it all. RPITA....at least this time I wrote everything down.

The email account is likely your backup email. I have a backup hotmail (live) account with the same name as my gmail. If I have issues with my gmail, I can use it for reset purposes. I doubt that it's asking you to enter some random email address.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
The email account is likely your backup email. I have a backup hotmail (live) account with the same name as my gmail. If I have issues with my gmail, I can use it for reset purposes. I doubt that it's asking you to enter some random email address.
Why would I enter a random email address?? I don't follow you.
Neither do I use g-x for anything, particularly on-line-storage.

Back to configuring Torque....

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

Well, there goes that. For my google email account, I have purposefully setup another email, my hotmail account, as my backup email account. I can use it to change my password, and if someone else has changed my account, an email will be sent to both, for information. I also have my phone number as separate method for recovery.

Where my misunderstanding stemmed from: I didn't realize that Google would allow you to enter wrong information, and then email password reset information to some random email...

So, lesson learned: setup a means to reset your email that you won't forget. I can't imagine forgetting my email password, but if I did, I'd have multiple means to recover.

Well, there goes that. For my google email account, I have purposefully setup another email, my hotmail account, as my backup email account. I can use it to change my password, and if someone else has changed my account, an email will be sent to both, for information. I also have my phone number as separate method for recovery.

Where my misunderstanding stemmed from: I didn't realize that Google would allow you to enter wrong information, and then email password reset information to some random email...

So, lesson learned: setup a means to reset your email that you won't forget. I can't imagine forgetting my email password, but if I did, I'd have multiple means to recover.

None of my email goes through nor is tied with, this account: It's an empty shell.

None of my email goes through nor is tied with, this account: It's an empty shell.

I understand now. If that's the case, then I'd simply email myself the credentials (the username and password in two different emails, if that makes any difference) using a trusted service I use all the time. I've only owned an Android phone and one Android tablet, both of which were setup with my go-to Gmail information, so that everything was connected across devices (e.g., Play store, gmail, etc.)

I understand. I've now recorded all the pertinent account info in my logbook. Making that mistake once is enough....

Even though I created a new acct., g~~le sent no details that would enable me to recover it. That would explain why I wasn't able to find the previous email from 2014. I probably deleted it when I realized it was of no further use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back