Echo PE2000 rebuild time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to give my edger some love...very hard to start if it starts at all and leaks gas like sieve.
Assuming it needs a new carb...are these China special eBay kits any good? Local small engine place was very rude and wanted $100 or more to fix it.
ebay

Last edited:
Took a gamble and ordered it, worth a gamble, ain't gonna leave me stranded.
smile.gif

I buy the cheapest off Amazon and it is cheap, you can upgrade to Oregon or Stens for a slight improvement but never as good as OEM.

It's unusable as is now, so if it runs well enough to be easy to use, that'll be good enough.

I did this with an older echo. It worked, but now it needs a cool. Or Atleast that's what I think. It's not worth me fixing since it's too small for what I use it for

What throws me for a loop is the O.E.M. carbs are made in China too.

Are we supposed to believe there's different tiers of Chinese quality ?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What throws me for a loop is the O.E.M. carbs are made in China too.

Are we supposed to believe there's different tiers of Chinese quality ?
Yup. I grudgingly admit that some Chinese stuff is of decent quality. Enough to be a good deal. Other stuff, not so much.

I've had fairly good luck with Chinese carbs. I recently purchased a $11 carb for a Subaru engine for my mulcher. Works just like the OEM carb did. Quality is a bit lower looking, but so what?

The OEM one is $55 and with this thing being 15 years old, the OEM carb new is likely a whole different supplier now anyway.

I'll post up the outcome either way!

Update: Installed it a few weeks ago and it went on very easy. Looked up the settings in the manual and adjusted it to match. Starts very easily and will idle all day. No leaks.

Couple "cons": the grommet that came with it that the fuel lines and breather line passes through into the tank was dry rotted and cracked. Had to reuse the OEM one. And the fuel line to the carb is a little short, so you need to refill a bit sooner. I'll probably fix that come spring, but it's running like new so I'm very happy. $12 compared to the local shop that said at least $100 and was very rude to me and a kind older gentleman in front of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back