Mouse in the GTO, Game's ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting the GTO ready to take to a local show later today and noticed a wad of my seat batting on the passinger's floor mat. Found another in the bin that I keep in the trunk with all my cleaning stuff. I'm guessing the mouse got in through the kick panel vents as they were open. The garage is now stocked wall to wall with Tomcat bait and a dozen sticky traps, GAME'S ON!

You need to get a sweet loving outdoor kitty cat
smile.gif

Dryer sheets to keep them out. I got proficient at using the rotating soda can/water bottle in the water bucket technique. Cheap, accurate, and reusable.

lol @ https://www.peta.org/issues/wildlife/living-harmony-wildlife/house-mice/

I like the sticky traps, they work very well, just as deadly as the snap traps, just don't try to rescue the rodent. If you feel bad, close the lid on the garbage can, it'll quit squeaking sooner or later. If you have to, ziplock bag it...

+1 on the cat, I enjoyed learning about the wildlife in my neighborhood. The birds, rabbits, shrews and so on that she brought me as treats.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Dryer sheets to keep them out. I got proficient at using the rotating soda can/water bottle in the water bucket technique. Cheap, accurate, and reusable.

I forgot about the bucket trap, thanks, I'll be making a few of those.

Be care you are right in a known Hantavirus area. Don't be touching those critter or their leavings without having protection on your hands. Be careful with your breathing and at least wear a mask in an area with droppings.

Last edited:
The neighbor across the street has a dozen or so feral cats which are usually roaming in my yard at night. I guess that's why I haven't had a bad mouse problem.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
You need to get a sweet loving outdoor kitty cat
smile.gif

That's how i keep mice out of my camper. 2 female outdoor cats. They kill everything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dyusik

I like the sticky traps, they work very well, just as deadly as the snap traps, just don't try to rescue the rodent.

Those are the most inhumane things made, the animal suffers a horrible death, I wish they would ban them. I don't like rodents either but of your going to kill them at least be humane about it.
I use the small plastic catch and release traps baited with peanut butter, no harm no foul.

Check out the Shawn Woods YouTube channel. He has tested MANY mouse traps; both live and kill traps. Mothballs are keeping the squirrels away from my mom's car's wiring (she had chewed wiring twice), but you may not want to have to smell that.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Anymore pictures of the GTO ?
20.gif

Agreed! Back it out of the garage for us.

It's getting a wax sometime today before the cover goes back on, I'll take more pics. For those who think glue traps are inhumane, I'll take a pic of my 9 iron putting the vermin out of it's misery when I catch it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back