How many here keep maintenance logs and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you use a spreadsheet program, dedicated maintenance program, manufacturer log, note book etc?

Do you log date, mileage, service and also specific brand or where bought?

I made my own log and include the above.

I use a spreadsheet to track fuel economy for each vehicle. It is one of the best ways to detect an issue. I have a separate tab for notes/dates on maintenance items and oil/ATF intervals. I find it much easier to reference than other methods I have tried.

Originally Posted By: ZZman

Yup. In an Excel spreadsheet with separate tabs for each vehicle or piece of equipment.

Do you use a spreadsheet program, dedicated maintenance program, manufacturer log, note book etc?

I use a small spiral notebook for each car, I log all the same data as well- I also keep a receipt file for each car.

My head.

Actually this forum has become my record for me, I tend to post when I do stuff (like cut open a filter, I have the date and post the mileage in the thread).

Before I went to 5000 mile oil changes regardless of time, I wrote in on the wall of the garage (date and mileage).

Transmission fluid- every 10,000 (on the 10,000) on the truck, the Scion will be every 30,000 (started at 30,000).

Fuel mileage on the truck is tracked on an app on my phone (and I do put other maintenance stuff on that, but not always), I don't track it on the Scion.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I use the notes section in the back of my owners manual.

Me, too.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I use the notes section in the back of my owners manual.

Me, too.

Me, three Last page.
Then I have all the receipts in order in a big freezer ziplock bag. I keep all removed OIL filters during warranty period.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

I use a small spiral notebook for each car, I log all the same data as well- I also keep a receipt file for each car.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

+1 on this using an Excel spreadsheet for each of four vehicles. I note everything above except I note "where serviced" instead of where parts/oil were purchased. Then I keep a folder of all receipts for each vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Yup. In an Excel spreadsheet with separate tabs for each vehicle or piece of equipment.

I do all the above with a separate page for each vehicle, been doing this for a 14 year vehicle history. Due to record keeping, I quit doing business at my local GM stealership; I hope others have had better experiences.

2009 ford Edge with 158,000+ on the clock.
On an Excel spread sheet with formulas to compute totals.
All maintenance, oil changes, tire purchases and rotations and every gas purchase since ownership, including MPG, $/mile, total $ spent on gas/ year.

I use an Excel spreadsheet for anything I own that burns gas. Everything I do in terms of maintenance and repairs is logged since day one of ownership. I'd be lost without it.

I write down everything I do to my car except cleaning it. Lol ever since new I have the logbook of every oil change, what I used, date, mileage, every repair, filter changes etc.
I have most of the most expensive receipts since most of the repairs have lifetime warranties
wink.gif

It makes me feel better this car is coming into 200k miles in awesome shape.
When my battery failed, pep boys could not pull up my warranty but when they saw me whip out my giant stack of papers in a giant leather folder with the Toyota badge they just handed a new battery over lol I guess it's intimidating

I ditched all my logs. The truck is mentally tracked, 10k engine oil, 50k everything else. The car is by the manual and it it tracked online by Subaru. I keep tire and battery reciepts in the glove box and other receipts in a file box.

I just use a google doc to record maintenance and repair for each car, and then keep all the receipts in a folder in each car. I have been adding tread depth and mileages on tire swaps as well, so I can track how long my winter and summer tires last.
I also keep a fluid and filter stash inventory in google docs as well so I can look up on my phone if I should buy something that I see on sale in my travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back