Joint Injuries and Pending Weather Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe there is something to that bit about being able to feel a coming weather change in arthritic joints.

I do not have arthritis. But my left ankle has become a natural barometer since healing from my February accident. So far, every time the forecast has called for rain coming, the soft tissue in my left ankle has let me know about a day in advance. Weird.

Its real, I get all sort of pain from the metal joint and pieces when the weather changes, its painful but whats worse is when the sun heats the metal just under the skin. It gives a whole new meaning to sunburn.

Indeed.

I've also noticed that a day or two before major winter weather hits, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold or the flu.

Years ago I broke my right foot in a motorcycle accident. For my next several years I could tell when the weather was in for a change. Took several years but it passed and hasn't returned.

I know this sounds weird and I'm a male (always have been IIRC), but whenever the fall/winter weather hits, my nipples get really sensitive. Even a t-shirt irritates them.

I don't know about all of this. I have joint pain and I fly regularly. This last trip was at 12,500 feet in my Cessna. I don't notice any difference with large pressure and altitude changes. Even if done rapidly.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
When you get old enough, you don't even need to have an injured joint.

I think all your joints tend to end up being injured when you're old...it's happening to me.

I've been loading up on Chondroitin, Glucosamine , MSM, Tumeric, Fish Oil and whatever joint-improving supplement I can find lol

Trying to enlist in the Air Force with a history of knee irritation and a minor surgery to fix a meniscus has been fun... First recruiter said no, been working on improving leg strength and hoping I can pass MEPS down the road.

Thought it was funny to read this, as I haven't noticed if any of my joints hurt when the weather changes. Perhaps living in the "sunshine" state of FL where the weather changes every 5 minutes has helped. lol

Originally Posted By: Dumc87
I've been loading up on Chondroitin, Glucosamine , MSM, Tumeric, Fish Oil and whatever joint-improving supplement I can find lol

Trying to enlist in the Air Force with a history of knee irritation and a minor surgery to fix a meniscus has been fun... First recruiter said no, been working on improving leg strength and hoping I can pass MEPS down the road.

Thought it was funny to read this, as I haven't noticed if any of my joints hurt when the weather changes. Perhaps living in the "sunshine" state of FL where the weather changes every 5 minutes has helped. lol

I was at the pharmacy looking at Chondroitin and Glucosamine for a old chronic ankle injury. Whoa that stuff is expensive. Is there a way to get it cheaper online?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Originally Posted By: HangFire
When you get old enough, you don't even need to have an injured joint.

I think all your joints tend to end up being injured when you're old...it's happening to me.

Yup.. Wait till you get to my age.

Thing I noticed, back when I was flying every day, when I got up in the 2000'-3000' altitude, all my aches cleared up and I just felt generally better. I miss the daily traffic patrol.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Originally Posted By: Dumc87

I was at the pharmacy looking at Chondroitin and Glucosamine for a old chronic ankle injury. Whoa that stuff is expensive. Is there a way to get it cheaper online?

My latest joint supplement I got off Amazon. Before that, I had a liquid joint supplement that I also believe I got off Amazon.

I've been on a "loading dose" of this stuff currently: Glucosamine, MSM, Chondrotin, Tumeric, etc.

For the last week, I've "stacked" one of the doses with Fish oil with CLA: Lean Omega

The two combined have seemed to really kick in some joint relief. I also take this stuff knowing results are 50% placebo lol

Edit: I may be trying this next, as it's a powder which makes ingesting much easier for me: Labrada Elastijoint

Not sure if $20-22 is expensive for 30 day supplement. For me, it's worth feeling better. I wouldn't pay more than $35 though.

Last edited:
If I woke up and things didn't hurt I would worry I was dead.

7 surgeries and I can say with more confidence when the weather will change than a meteorologist.

I shattered my right wrist 10 years ago and I can definitely feel weather changes; if we go from hot, sunny and dry to cool, rainy and damp, my hand/wrist feels and sounds like a rusty hinge sometimes.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Its real, I get all sort of pain from the metal joint and pieces when the weather changes, its painful but whats worse is when the sun heats the metal just under the skin. It gives a whole new meaning to sunburn.

Hi Trav, I had a total knee replacement about six months ago, is this typical? I'm still healing with some swelling and warm to the touch so it's not feeling like a normal knee yet, but this concerns me.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
I know this sounds weird and I'm a male (always have been IIRC), but whenever the fall/winter weather hits, my nipples get really sensitive. Even a t-shirt irritates them.

TMI

I have a titanium plate with 12 screws in my right wrist. Some screws in my right knee along some tendon anchors.
That and a big toe that was broken years ago lets me know when the rain is coming.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back