2015 Buick LaCrosse w/leather & 3.6L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, all,

A local (well, 45 miles away) dealer has a '15 LaCrosse with light neutral interior, 3.6L engine, and most of the bells and foghorns, for $18,900. It's really hard to find a LaCrosse or Regal around here with a light interior -- so I'm considering running up for a test drive. This'd be my 3rd Buick. All I know about the LaCrosse is that the early 2011+ models had a very high center console that made me feel cramped in the cabin. And the fellow who owned my '03 Park Avenue before me went to a Lucerne, didn't like it, but thought the LaCrosse he replaced that with rode more like the PA. Living in a city with the finest of Third World streets, I like a smooth ride; but I also want more power than the 2.4L Regal has.

If any of you have a '14 to '16, please post your experience. Troubles while in warranty? Troubles out of warranty (which I suppose hasn't expired on the '15s yet)? Problems with the sunroof? (I don't want a sunroof, but if it doesn't squeak or rattle or leak, I'm fine with it.) Good A/C?

I paid six thousand more for a new Jeep with full warranty.

20 grand is new car territory IMHO. If you're going too buy used, buy older and save more. Money is too cheaply lent these days to consider that no man's land of lightly used anymore. The depreciation is the same as buying new, just lower price up front.

Originally Posted By: DdDd

20 grand is new car territory IMHO. If you're going too buy used, buy older and save more. Money is too cheaply lent these days to consider that no man's land of lightly used anymore. The depreciation is the same as buying new, just lower price up front.
Yeah, but then you have to drive a Jeep...

The OP'er likes comfortable cruisers. Probably not going to get that with a Jeep unless you spend a LOT more money.

I found the LaCrosse on AutoTrader. Looks like they have a white one with 18k less miles for about $1,000 more. I'd try to bargain the price a little bit, although they are pretty well priced.

I searched 2015 LaCross's here in DFW and they're $30K+. These must be Buick's high end line. I think you found a killer deal op!

Nice car! The earlier 3.6's had some issue's, timing chain stretch I think. Hopefully GM got that all straightened out by 2015.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

QFT!

20 grand is new car territory? Perhaps for Kia Spectras, if they still make those, or other small entry-level cars. Not for Buick LaCrosses or Regals. And lightly used can mean warranty left or certified pre-owned.

I love my Regal, and would buy another. But I can't seem to find one with the light-colored interior, turbo, and some color outside other than black or silver, not around here.

The OP'er likes comfortable cruisers. Probably not going to get that with a Jeep unless you spend a LOT more money.

I found the LaCrosse on AutoTrader. Looks like they have a white one with 18k less miles for about $1,000 more. I'd try to bargain the price a little bit, although they are pretty well priced.

The local dealer where I bought my Park Avenue 10 years ago, and which has serviced the Regal now and then, has a '16 (I think) LaCrosse in white over the cream leather. I could check that one. The "Midnight Amethyst Metallic" color on the one I mentioned first sounds interesting. However, that car has racked up 57K miles in about 3 years. I'd hope that means highway miles.

However, I doubt I'm going to be looking at any cars this weekend, with Nate taking aim at the city.

Dealers around here are handing out grand Cherokees with 30+k stickers for a few thousand more than the OP used purchase. It's in the same market category as the desired vehicle.

My point is, 26k for new is better than 19k used. Honestly I saw this deals at the lot and was like HTF?

Saw one pull in at a quick stop store yesterday…pearl white and sunroof open…really sharp lines on that car…

Dealers around here are handing out grand Cherokees with 30+k stickers for a few thousand more than the OP used purchase. It's in the same market category as the desired vehicle.

My point is, 26k for new is better than 19k used. Honestly I saw this deals at the lot and was like HTF?
Still a Jeep...

Not many new cars for 20grand-in that class. BTW-where I come from "just 6 grand more" is ALOT OF MONEY.....

Still a Jeep...

Hey! What's wrong with a Jeep?
grin2.gif
Seriously though, OP asked about a luxury sedan so not sure why we're talking about Jeeps. LaCrosse is at the top of my favorite car lists, if I was in the market for a sedan it would probably be a LaCrosse. They look great, drive great, ride great and have a ton of room.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Still a Jeep...

Apparently... It's not a Hyundai!

Seriously though a Buick is somebody's idea of luxury? There is nothing luxurious about anything made in the USA, unless you're putting quotation marks around it.

But if a Buick is luxurious I can't tell why a G Cherokee with leather wrapped dash doesn't qualify.

As for six grand being a lot of money, no it isn't. I assume you're financing. And when you add in the same depreciation only from a higher price point, the more likely repairs and the less warranty... where are the savings?

Money is too cheap to borrow (thanks club fed) and used cars no selling at the traditional deep discounts they used to.

Also I have the misfortune of driving GM sedan as rentals all the time. They have balls, but all feel like you're sitting in a coffin with wheels. If you stick your arm out the window you'll probably dislocate your shoulder on the high belt line.

Still a Jeep...

Apparently... It's not a Hyundai!

Seriously though a Buick is somebody's idea of luxury? There is nothing luxurious about anything made in the USA, unless you're putting quotation marks around it.

But if a Buick is luxurious I can't tell why a G Cherokee with leather wrapped dash doesn't qualify.

As for six grand being a lot of money, no it isn't. I assume you're financing. And when you add in the same depreciation only from a higher price point, the more likely repairs and the less warranty... where are the savings?

Money is too cheap to borrow (thanks club fed) and used cars no selling at the traditional deep discounts they used to.

Also I have the misfortune of driving GM sedan as rentals all the time. They have balls, but all feel like you're sitting in a coffin with wheels. If you stick your arm out the window you'll probably dislocate your shoulder on the high belt line.

I have to refute a few things in this post.

• I consider Buick to be USA made luxury on the DL, more so than a 3 series or C class.

• You're not going to get a leather wrapped dash in a $30k Grand Cherokee Laredo

• High belt lines rock.

Originally Posted By: CKN

Not many new cars for 20grand-in that class. BTW-where I come from "just 6 grand more" is ALOT OF MONEY.....

Indeed it is. Sure, I can buy older and save more -- but the older cars in the classes I like are out of warranty by the time I find them affordable. I can buy them, and maintain them, but having a warranty on a modern electronics-laden car is a big load off my mind, and my wallet.

Still a Jeep...

grin2.gif
Seriously though, OP asked about a luxury sedan so not sure why we're talking about Jeeps. LaCrosse is at the top of my favorite car lists, if I was in the market for a sedan it would probably be a LaCrosse. They look great, drive great, ride great and have a ton of room.
Lol a Jeep is fine, but comparing one to a LaCrosse!?
crazy2.gif

I love that car … but I know two folks with a Jeep that sure looks like a luxury car when you climb inside
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
I love that car … but I know two folks with a Jeep that sure looks like a luxury car when you climb inside
cool.gif

No Jeeps anywhere near $18k are going to be luxury cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back