Battery for 2008 Civic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently acquired Civic is giving up on battery, so looking for options.

Costco is definitely on my Top 3 list. Similarly AAP or AZ.

Does anyone has any other suggestions? Or any coupon codes for AZ or AAP?

Thank you all
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Recently acquired Civic is giving up on battery, so looking for options.

Costco is definitely on my Top 3 list. Similarly AAP or AZ.

Does anyone has any other suggestions? Or any coupon codes for AZ or AAP?

Thank you all
thumbsup2.gif

I just saw someone replacing the battery in a new model Honda CR-V the other day. It had the smallest beany little battery I've ever seen in a car. But I haven't followed new cars much in the last 10 years.

Don't overthink it. There are a million battery thread of yore on here. The Wal-Mart EverMaxx battery is the same as the AutoZone Gold. It seems Advance Auto waaaay overprices car batteries and some are saying even with all the gimmicks you gotta do to get the best deal, they are still expensive and no longer the deal they use to be.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Don't overthink it. There are a million battery thread of yore on here. The Wal-Mart EverMaxx battery is the same as the AutoZone Gold. It seems Advance Auto waaaay overprices car batteries and some are saying even with all the gimmicks you gotta do to get the best deal, they are still expensive and no longer the deal they use to be.

Very true Sky and you don't see very many 80 something month battery warranties anymore either.

Oh, Back when I was a mechanic at a Honda dealer, I'd run into people who'd put the wrong battery in a Civic that was meant for a Mitsubishi. Group 51 vs 51R or something. The cables didn't have any room to spare when putting in the wrong battery.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv

I'm one of the ones that experienced this.
I had to put a new battery in the Odyssey earlier in the year to replace a 6 year old AAP Gold.
The best AAP code at the time was 30%. A gold was still more money than a Maxx, even after going through all the on-line gyrations.
It was cheaper and more convenient to get a Maxx @ Wally World.

Thanks very much Tdbo.

I'll compare Wally vs Costco and see which one is cheapest! Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

AAP with discount code. I recently bought a new battery with $40 off code.

Tons of stores to return if any problems with battery.

Yep Mr Nice. I got a group 24f for $106 plus tax from AAP. Not too bad. Probably $12 more than a Wally World Maxx. But I am ok with that difference because I really don't like dealing with or going to WW.

East Penn are at Batteries Plus Bulbs. I believe that bioburner is right that the batteries there can be East Penn as well at Sam's club.

Last edited:
I have the same gen but 2009. I went battery shopping January of last year and could find no price cheaper than Costco. Their Interstate battery was about $65.00. Couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to the rest.

Battery has been trouble free ever since. I bought it because my last battery was about five years old and it was sluggish starting during the winter cold, also caused an ABS code for low voltage.

New batteries are the best, the cranks have been strong during all weather. I don't know if this speaks to the quality of the battery but it doesn't have even a hint of battery terminal crust that I had with the OEM Honda battery. I did make sure not to tighten the terminals too hard though as that supposedly causes it too.

Rand I know the Batteries Plus Bulbs batteries are Duracell aka East Penn as well. So you are correct on that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe
I have the same gen but 2009. I went battery shopping January of last year and could find no price cheaper than Costco. Their Interstate battery was about $65.00. Couldn't believe how cheap it was compared to the rest.

Battery has been trouble free ever since. I bought it because my last battery was about five years old and it was sluggish starting during the winter cold, also caused an ABS code for low voltage.

New batteries are the best, the cranks have been strong during all weather. I don't know if this speaks to the quality of the battery but it doesn't have even a hint of battery terminal crust that I had with the OEM Honda battery. I did make sure not to tighten the terminals too hard though as that supposedly causes it too.

Thanks for the input. I'll pull the trigger on Costco one
thumbsup2.gif

There are thousands of 24 hour Wal-Mart stores to warranty a battery. That right there is worth any extra cost. I've been on vacation 7 states away, and have easily swapped a defective battery under warranty.

Always get the physically largest and highest capacity battery that will fit in your battery box. Larger capacity batteries last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back