U.S.P.S. - Informed Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon all,

A few days ago I signed up for a NEW service the U.S.P.S. is offering (FREE).
The PO has been slowly expanding this service across the US.

It's called Informed Delivery.

How it works once you sign-up: again,,, it's FREE
1) You check your e-mail in the morning (say 8 or 9:00 AM)
2) If you received an e-mail from U.S.P.S., you open it
3) What you see is a gray image of the letters that will be delivered that day.

I just received my 1st e-mail showing (2) envelopes.

Very handy if your expecting a Check in the mail.
Or don't want 'any' financial letters sitting in your mail-box longer than you have to.
Or the PIN's from freezing your Credit Reports.

Question:
Anybody using this already ?
How do you like it ?
If you never heard of it, would you use it ? I just started and like it.

I see I already had messages at USPS.com. I turned on the email notifications. I'll see if I like it or if it becomes annoying.

been using it for almost a year and a half now, not sure when it came out, but I was an early adopter. They've improved it a lot since the beginning and it's really helpful. As soon a usps tracking number is made for your address it shows up in the packages tab. No need to put tracking numbers into google anymore. I like it.

Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid

Is the image legible enough to tell who the sender is?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MasterSolenoid

Is the image legible enough to tell who the sender is?

YES - very clear.

Don't confuse this with tracking a Certified letter as it travels across the US.

Again, this is called Informed Delivery.
And shows what is going to be delivered to your mail-box that day.

Apparently because of 9/11 and the mailing of anthrax, the Gov has been photographing all letters.
Now those photo images are available to the homeowner.

I saw something about that when I set up my mail hold while I was gone last month but never looked into it further. Apparently it is available in my corner of the world so I'll have to take a look. Thanks for the reminder.

I've been using it for months.
I really like it, and highly recommend it.
Sometimes it takes an extra day, or two for stuff to actually show up in your mailbox. I recently had a postcard show up in my informed delivery that I didn't actually get until 8 days later, but that was the only extreme exception.

Been using for a few weeks and really like it. Images are clear and readable. Nice to know what's going to be in the mailbox later. Usually receive my email by 7:30 AM.

I use it and like it. I can track when I get my MIR checks
grin.gif

Thanks for posting! I tried to sign up and got an error code. Forty minute wait time for technical assistance. Boy, USPS makes it tough to like them. Only branch of Federal Govt that makes a profit.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Geez..... that's gotta use up a LOT of Data storage!

How many KB are each image? First-class mail only....?
...or ALL the annoying Dish Network, AT&T and Lawn care mail, too?

Thanks I signed up for it. My mailbox is about a mile from my home in a locker, and I only pick up mail twice a week, and end up throwing out 90 percent of it.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Geez..... that's gotta use up a LOT of Data storage!

How many KB are each image? First-class mail only....?
...or ALL the annoying Dish Network, AT&T and Lawn care mail, too?

It looks like some of the 'junk mail' stuff (shiny paper circulars for example) isn't included. I have two Amazon packages that are supposed to be delivered today (as per Amazon) but the USPS I.D. shows one still in Kenosha and the other here in my city - I'm interested to see which case is correct.

Now, what would be really cool is if you could check boxes for the articles you wanted them to NOT deliver. Nip junk mail in the bud.

I recently signed up for this. It required an in person visit to the post office for identity verificatiin. Apparently with all the Equifax hack this is another way to protect your identity as someone could sign up for this service for your address. Once you sign up for your address it is locked and no one else can sign up for it.

I've been getting the email-images for a couple of weeks now.
One of them was good enough to see some of the contents of the letter, which was nice.
It was my final renewal notice; I could see what the renewal price would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back