2009 Toyota Matrix Edge HM 5w20 1.8L; 6407 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received the results for my first UOA today! So far this oil has "felt" the best so I wondered how it actually fared. I took the sample halfway through draining the old oil.

The Matrix just surpassed 100k miles and runs great.

What does everyone think?

Edit* Meant to also ask how long an interval this oil seems to be good for. I'd like to run at least 7.5K in the Matrix, 10K if possible.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Do 9k next. I dont see why 10k wouldnt be possible.

Sweet 😀

Do you also have the 1.8 2zr(?) Engine in your Corolla, or the 2.4?

I would do 5K oil changes and if u want to stretch things use a Fram Ultra for two oil changes.

If you dont mind answering a few questions..looking for a small hatch for my wife as I think we are selling our Honda Fit.

1) gas mileage?
2) road noise?
3) comfort on trips?

Things are constantly changing but as of recent UOA's, M1 TBNs go down fast, then hang at 2 past 10k. You're still at 3.9 and there's not much contaminants. So 10k is quite reasonable. If you need to or want to..

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
I would do 5K oil changes and if u want to stretch things use a Fram Ultra for two oil changes.

If you dont mind answering a few questions..looking for a small hatch for my wife as I think we are selling our Honda Fit.

1) gas mileage?
2) road noise?
3) comfort on trips?

1) between 28-33mpg. So many variables lol
2) The Cooper CS5 Ultra tires made the road noise less audible, but it's not as quiet as my Jeep.
3) It's not cozy like my dad's old car, 2000 Chrysler LHS, but it's fine. Nothing to brag, or complain, about.

It's been VERY reliable and has more room than it seems. The plastic behind the rear seats and in the hatch make things easy to clean. They interior layout is meh, but user friendly.

I got the Matrix because of it's versatility and reliability. Comfort and road noise didn't pertain to me. It's been a nice combination of everything though. Not a Cadillac, but gets better MPG's. Not a VW TDI, but is a bit more reliable, IMO.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Things are constantly changing but as of recent UOA's, M1 TBNs go down fast, then hang at 2 past 10k. You're still at 3.9 and there's not much contaminants. So 10k is quite reasonable. If you need to or want to..

I'm not too rehearsed with what the numbers mean, but from what I gather, this sample seemed to be very generous as to the engine and oil faring very well at 100k miles.

I'll probably run it past the 5k interval, but change it around 7500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back