Windscreen Spoiler Blade Too Big? (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MRA X-Creen in the Touring size. Seeking to calm some turbulence and buffeting, installed this last night. Still getting used to the look... seems big. There is a bolt-on mounting option but didn't want to drill my screen (yet), hence the clamp-on method for now. Angle, height, and distance from screen is adjustable of course.

Selected touring size based on comments on the Guzzi forum from other owners of same bike.

IMG_20171004_195806279.jpg
IMG_20171004_195912864.jpg

Well you will know when you go for a ride. I have one on a Yamaha Majesty and is just what it needed as the main shield would lift the air to center of the face making for a sore neck

Switching to the bolt-on option will move it down, which may be necessary depending on how much it wants to make the wind screen flex at speed being mounted as high as the clamps put it. Never drilled Lexan before, prospect makes me nervous.

It's a good looking windscreen.

I didn't used to care for them but they certainly improve the ride and keep wind noise out of my helmet.

Windscreens are all a matter of body stature, and personal preference. Only you can decide what works for you.

Took it out and about today. Definitely an improvement.

Still some air flow as expected on helmet but it is smoother and more tame now. Tried two angles, each w/ the blade moved down as low as it will go, both about the same but it's a keeper. I will probably drill mount it later on sometime, have all the permanent mounting hardware except for stuff to cleanly drill Lexan with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back