2012 Mazda CX-9 Oil Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my recent oil analysis on my Mazda CX-9. My 5 years of dealer Castrol GTX 5w-20 every 6 months has ended and this is my first synthetic run at 9 months, 4,780 miles. I ran Archoil 9100 this time and the analyst didn’t see my notes, thus they indicated coolant leak. I wrote Blackstone Universal Averages next to metals for comparison. Good to know I can go a year or more if I want. Ran Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-20 without any additives this OCI.

Thanks,

The boron mostly came from the Archoil 9100. I didn't know it had potassium and sodium in it. Have you seen a VOA of it? I couldn't find out what elements are in Archoil. K and Na seems weird in it.

Yes, It has Potassium in it. Been running in my diesel truck for multiple years now. Will definitely keep eye on my coolant to make sure. Am planning on stopping it once my supply runs out. Thanks.

Great to have the Universal Averages there. Don't know why all oil analyzers don't have it since its fundamental.
Your TBN was so high it makes me believe you could have gone double those miles and time.

Yes, I was surprised. Good to know I can go a full year no problem. Was worried for nothing at 9 months...I'm such a wimp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back