QSUD Dexos1 GEN2 now at Walmart (5w30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice!!!

It's funny, I was poking around in the oil aisle at a Super WM last night and don't recall seeing QSUD...maybe it was just out of stock temporarily? I know I bought some at WM before.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Nice!!!

It's funny, I was poking around in the oil aisle at a Super WM last night and don't recall seeing QSUD...maybe it was just out of stock temporarily? I know I bought some at WM before.

Same thing happened at my walmart. All of the UD (in gold bottles) disappeared off the shelves for a few weeks, then I stopped in and checked again just a few days ago and these green bottles of UD were on the shelf with the Gen 2 label. My guess is that they wanted to get the old stuff off the shelf and make room for the new.

It sells very well at this WM so I'm sure they just restocked. It wasnt here this past weekend.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Good to see. Whoever buys that oil will have more power. It says so right on the jug.

I bought some for my next oil change when I saw it restocked. I'm wondering how much power I can expect to get in my Elantra. I'm thinking that 15 horsepower shouldn't be unreasonable.
48.gif

I'm sending some of it off for a VOA as soon as I can make it to the post office. It's all packaged up and ready to go, so hopefully I can get that done in the next day or two. I couldn't find a recent VOA of the stuff anywhere.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Good to see. Whoever buys that oil will have more power. It says so right on the jug.

More power than having no oil, leading to a seized engine???
I'd say that's a fair statement...

;^)

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Nice!!!

It is still available from them online with free shipping.

Originally Posted By: JustN89

I bought some for my next oil change when I saw it restocked. I'm wondering how much power I can expect to get in my Elantra. I'm thinking that 15 horsepower shouldn't be unreasonable.
48.gif

I'm sending some of it off for a VOA as soon as I can make it to the post office. It's all packaged up and ready to go, so hopefully I can get that done in the next day or two. I couldn't find a recent VOA of the stuff anywhere.

I'm hoping you meant 15 additional HP...even my daughter's Impreza has more than 15 HP!!!

;^)

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Oil won't give you 15hp.
I hope you are joking.

I figured the emoji would signal that I was joking, but yes, I was joking.

Well, I had QSUD 10w30 in my rogue and the engine would run MUCH better, quieter at high rpm and high speed overrun. Likely doesn't show much on dyno (as dyno does not equal real world operation at part throttle or does it simulate the cold ram air effect). Last visit, The Nissan dealer "accidentally" put in some unknown FE "dino" 5w30 and the engine wont rev past 4500 without making a all kinds of protest. So yea - if you USE your upper torque peak and run to near redline I bet this will give you a bit of a boost over "shear to water" ILSAC dino loaded with VM. Many engine will pull timing if they detect racket due to "overly sensitive" knock sensors.
Me I want the NON DEXOS 10w30 as I don't have a turbo and I (think) I want the goodies missing in Dexos to get a good TEOST. Also The oil is "lighter" at operational temps. The only dexos oil Ive run that I like over HM has been Magnatec SS - still need to thin the stuff with 5W20 to get the VVT in the correct operational range to make decent torque for low speed commuting.

What Shell means here is if you keep the ring lands and pistons clean, cyl balance will be improved and the engine will CONSISTENTLY make the power it is capable of. Ho-hum oil = gummed pistons and poor power and poor NVH.

Last edited:
Wait \ here is the sarcasm symbol you forgot
shocked.gif

They won’t likely get more power / but a good oil

I got 4 jugs of this at AAP for less than $9 each. If anyone wants it, it I'm in the North Houston area.

EDIT: nevermind, the stuff I got isnt' "Gen 2." It must be garbage, then.

Last edited:
I sincerely vote for more power!
smile.gif

I can feel it, Dave.

I can feel my mind going.

Stop!
What are you doing?
Stop.

Daisy, Daisy
Give me your answer, do.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
... I (think) I want the goodies missing in Dexos to get a good TEOST. ...
?? Explain that, please.

EP/AW compounds removed from formulation to evidence lower deposit weight in TEOST. It's still oil vs oil. Some are nicer than others given the same certs. Recall in ILSAC GF-5 0w20 being given a PASS on some deposit requirement as the Japanese contingent like big Moly and other AW in their light weight oils. Fref Mazda and (older) Toyota OE labeled formulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back