suggestions on small 110 volt air compressort air

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have any suggestion on a small 110 volt / inflator- not a 12 volt one - to use for around home for car and boat tire inflation?
most seem to be 12 volt, and I dont want to blow any fuses in my car

Not sure how you feel about Craftsman but I've had one of these for years. It's quiet, easy to carry, lubed with oil, and uses a piston not diaphragm pump.

3 gallon compressor

If you want something that lasts and is relatively quiet, get a compressor that's oil-lubed. I have this one:
96943a80-86e0-42f7-bc8c-1c54f4eba811_1.b506b596b2eb9c7de7d116c77345b8d4.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Campbell-Haus...ressor/28808013

If you want something small and therefor tankless, get a Viair. I have the Viair 88P for 4 years now, and am very pleased with it. Yet it's 12V but it uses battery clips, so it won't blow a fuse.

If you want it to pump up a tire quickly, either get something with a tank (and keep it charged), or get one of the larger Viair's that use battery clips instead of a 12V socket.

Before the Viair I had two different Vector/B&D jump-start/air-inflator combinations. Both burned out their compressor quickly. It seems the duty cycle on these cheapies is shorter than the time it takes to inflate a standard car tire. You're expected to stop it every 5 minutes and let it cool off for 5-10 minutes. They take 12-15 minutes of runtime to fill a flat auto tire, so figure a half hour or more, most of it waiting. In 5 minutes, the Viair is done.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
anyone have any suggestion on a small 110 volt - to use for around home for car and boat tire inflation?

My 82 year old father in law uses a little 120vac, 3-gallon, 100 PSI unit from Harbor freight.

It has been serving him well for several years, and is $39 with a coupon.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
He's asking for a small inflator, and all of you are linking tanked compressors.

some of the best/cheapest inflators also have a small 2-3 gallon tank.

I know he is looking for a small, presumably tankless, inflator, but I would strongly recommend a small tanked compressor.

There are benefits such as being able to run small air tools (like a nailer), being able to charge up the tank, then take it far from the outlet to top off a tire, typically built to handle higher duty cycles, and can be used to dust off electronics.

Obviously, a tanked compressor is a lot larger and heavier though.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC

Obviously, a tanked compressor is a lot larger and heavier though.

Not really any more money, though.

There are huge, HUGE benefits of being able to "unplug, and take air with you".

how small? how much budget?

If you want something that will last that makita is amazing for what it is.

if you want cheap the 40$ HF 3gal is pretty good.

I had a 8gal HF oiled compressor, I now have a 6gallon oilless Campbell Hausfeld 150psi compressor that is better in every way that I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back