What is or will be your Mid-Life Crisis car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Been thinking of Charger SRT, but I can't even find one to test drive near me. Another option is a CPO Audi S6, but the potential cost of repairs after warranty is up scares me a bit.

Consider the Charger Scat Pack. SRT 392 power without all the peripheral garbage. Best combination of performance, practicality, comfort, and price out there. $37K out the door for my 2016. Factory exhaust note is incredible. Flawless so far.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
Been thinking of Charger SRT, but I can't even find one to test drive near me. Another option is a CPO Audi S6, but the potential cost of repairs after warranty is up scares me a bit.

Consider the Charger Scat Pack. SRT 392 power without all the peripheral garbage. Best combination of performance, practicality, comfort, and price out there.

I want the different suspension stiffness/comfort modes that come on the SRT. But I agree with you, there is a large price difference between the two. You do get some extra niceties that come with the SRT though...

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake

Consider the Charger Scat Pack. SRT 392 power without all the peripheral garbage. Best combination of performance, practicality, comfort, and price out there.

I want the different suspension stiffness/comfort modes that come on the SRT. But I agree with you, there is a large price difference between the two. You do get some extra niceties that come with the SRT though...

Yes, you do. If it is in the budget, I'd definitely go with the SRT.

Originally Posted By: wtd
I wasn't having a mid life crisis when I bought it but I guess my 14 Mustang GT would qualify. If I was to buy a new one now, it probably would be a Challenger Scat pack.

I bought a '14 Mustang GT new, as well. But yeah, it was just the natural evolution of buying faster and faster cars. Honestly, it wasn't spectacular. The manual trans was so clunky that I was no redlight racing champ. But it went 130 on my daily commute easy enough. I only had it a year and a half when my wife insisted I trade it for something with a higher ride height since I'd just had back surgery. That's when I got my Lincoln MKC. Back surgery took well and I'm fine. Now I'm itching to get back into something fast. But I'm saddled with the Lincoln for at least a couple more years.
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back