2008 Mazda CX-7 ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother has a CX-7 and I told him he needs his fluid changed. What's the best aftermarket ATF on these cars? I've read some threads on other forums that anything Merc V is good, but even they couldn't agree exactly what was needed.

I am not 100% sure of your model year, sorry..

In my case i have 2013 Mazda 3 (pre-skyactiv) that calls for M-V (Not Mercon V) i am not sure if your trans requires the same, i believe another person just gave a another spec but i share my experience just in case.

I started doing my 1st drain & fill recently using Valvoline Maxlife ATF which is compatible with M-V and so far so good.

Once you have the spec you need confirmed i would suggest checking if Maxlife is compatible and use it (Also Mobil 1 or Castrol Import ATF).

Of course the OEM fluid is always an option but it tends to be overpriced.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: knoas
I am not 100% sure of your model year, sorry..

In my case i have 2013 Mazda 3 (pre-skyactiv) that calls for M-V (Not Mercon V) i am not sure if your trans requires the same, i believe another person just gave a another spec but i share my experience just in case.

I started doing my 1st drain & fill recently using Valvoline Maxlife ATF which is compatible with M-V and so far so good.

Once you have the spec you need confirmed i would suggest checking if Maxlife is compatible and use it (Also Mobil 1 or Castrol Import ATF).

Of course the OEM fluid is always an option but it tends to be overpriced.

Good luck!

Not familiar with what transmission is in the III, but the CX7 had an Aisin transmission.

Maxlife ATF

If it's currently at the correct level then have him do drain and fills by measuring the amount that drains out (I use a clear paint bucket with volume written down the side).

It's easier than an oil change because there's no filter to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back