Anyone use an afe dry filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Do any of you have experience with afe dry element filters? My vehicle has one but i know essentially nothing about it. The website states 99+% efficiency but i cant figure out what exactly what that means. I may leave it in the car if its decent, but i was considering ditching it for something else.

i am just wondering that this filter actually using cotton gauze or foam or paper?

dry filter means if it's dirty then i wash and dry after that i directly use it or need to oil it first?

as far as i know that if it is cotton gauze and u dont oil it, nothing will be filtered..

if i am wrong please enlighten me

Originally Posted By: nyumski
i am just wondering that this filter actually using cotton gauze or foam or paper?

dry filter means if it's dirty then i wash and dry after that i directly use it or need to oil it first?

as far as i know that if it is cotton gauze and u dont oil it, nothing will be filtered..

http://afepower.com/contact#faqs

Well, it was a lighter grey color, but i just washed it and now its more of a white color than grey.

It seems to be doing fine and looks to be very well made.

I've had one in my Forester since 2011. Been cleaned numerous times and still good. I use diluted Simple Green to clean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back