Flood replacement -- 2017 Ford Fiesta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost my Honda Odyssey and Chevy Impala in the great flood. So I picked up a 2017 Fiesta for a great price. I got the SE model with the "Equipment Group 200A" package, including Auto trans, Alloy wheels, Cruise, etc. for less than $15K. Very pleased so far!

01.gif

They will be crushed.

They were flooded standing still in my drive way. The Odyssey was pulled out by a wrecker and towed to a Honda dealer. They found water in the trans and oil. After flushing the fluids, the van fired up but ran very rough. The entire interior was gutted, too. Honda gave up on it, then the insurance Co. inspected and immediately totaled it.

I got the Impala drained out and interior steam cleaned. I tried hard to salvage it since it did not have full coverage. However, the trans immediately started acting up. Three weeks later the trans quit. Without wheels, we bought the cheapest car we could find. The Ford Fiesta.

I wish you well with it.

Don't Fiestas have the defective DCT transmissions like the Focus?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

I have no idea. But thanks for ruining my day.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Lost my Honda Odyssey and Chevy Impala in the great flood. So I picked up a 2017 Fiesta for a great price. I got the SE model with the "Equipment Group 200A" package, including Auto trans, Alloy wheels, Cruise, etc. for less than $15K. Very pleased so far!

Yeah we had a 2014 Fiesta with the DTC. The break booster went out at 5k miles, the doors would fly open when you slammed on the brakes which it was recalled for. The gas tank leaked which it was recalled for then the Transmission went out at 23k miles. I traded the price of [censored] after that. It was a death trap. I hope you have better luck with yours.

I have no idea. But thanks for ruining my day.

Well you've got lots of warranty and I think Ford has been figuring them out. What motor do you have in it?
I'd love a Fiesta ST, and regular Fiestas are still one of the best driving cars in its class.

no worries you have a warranty.

I am still interested in the 1.0L 5MT model..

I bet it would be a blast with some good tires on it.

After all the losses from the flood, I was really enjoying my new car. Now, I hate it. The trans will quit on me exactly one mile after the warranty runs out. What a mistake I have made.

Thanks all. Especially you, 1994. I am outta here.

Not a Ford fan but from what I have gathered and heard the dct transmissions work better when the driver has a deliberate style of using the throttle. That is, no feather-footing the gas pedal. That sometimes confuses the multitude of sensors and the transmission doesn't know what to do for a brief second.

I know someone who has a dct. The husband has no problem with it but the wife complains it shifts funny. She has a feather foot. The husband winds it up.

After all the losses from the flood, I was really enjoying my new car. Now, I hate it. The trans will quit on me exactly one mile after the warranty runs out. What a mistake I have made.

Thanks all. Especially you, 1994. I am outta here.
You should see a psychiatrist.

I was literally wishing you well with your new car purchase, as I have to many others on this forum.

And I was literally asking people if they had the DCT transmission issues that the Focus has, as I don't have one, and don't know.

I wouldn't worry about the Ford PowerShift 6spd DCT auto in a 2017 at all. Should be a fun little car.

That is a fine transmission when it works. Mine went out at 17K. Clutches replaced under warranty. No issues till I returned the car (lease). I had focus though. Still nice car. I think ford extended power train warranty up to 120K. No worries, enjoy the car

Would you feel better if you didn't know and the trans still broke 1 mile after warranty? I really think 94 was asking a sincere question and also letting you know it could *potentially* be a problem, not that it will be.

If they were THAT bad, I don't think Ford would be selling them year after year.

Hey, don't people say the same thing about VW, too?
smile.gif

If they were THAT bad, I don't think Ford would be selling them year after year.

Disagree, I think they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back