Canadian Tire not carrying Castrol Edge FTT 0w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at the local Canuckistan Donuts today to pickup a quart and it's not even labelled on the shelf. Didn't see it at Walmart either.

Other Canadians, report?

Yeah, I saw that. The stock listing for the store I was just at says they have a bunch! Maybe the staff messed up.

Canucksters can't buy oil on amazon.com or walmart.com? You would think it would be like it is in the Yankee-land.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Canucksters can't buy oil on amazon.com or walmart.com? You would think it would be like it is in the Yankee-land.

Sort of. I can buy from US retailers online because I live close the border, pick it up myself from a parcel holding service and pay the taxes at the border, avoiding ridiculous shipping and brokerage fees. Amazon.ca is a complete farce for selection and pricing.

Amazon does have it, but only in 5 or 6 packs, it seems.

Why after all we're suppose to have free trade. Oh I forgot that's just Bull rip!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Why after all we're suppose to have free trade. Oh I forgot that's just Bull rip!

Oh, you do
wink.gif

Quote:
It must be a high consumer oil tax in Canada making it expensive and/or hard to find there.

Yes, but that's not why Amazon.ca sucks. It just... sucks.

This same oil does cost about 20% more in Canada, but I think that's just the market more than anything else.

Originally Posted By: OCDriver
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Oh, you do
wink.gif

Quote:
It must be a high consumer oil tax in Canada making it expensive and/or hard to find there.

Yes, but that's not why Amazon.ca sucks. It just... sucks.

This same oil does cost about 20% more in Canada, but I think that's just the market more than anything else.

Its just the exchange rate the Canadian dollar is worth .80 cents American!

Originally Posted By: OCDriver
Yeah, I saw that. The stock listing for the store I was just at says they have a bunch! Maybe the staff messed up.

Guaranteed they messed up. Next time, assuming it's not busy, talk to the counter person there, especially if it's someone senior in the morning, and see the look on his face when he finds out there's like 60 litres in stock and zero on the shelf.
wink.gif

oil_film_movies: No, there's no extra tax on oil up here; we have higher sales tax than most states, but that doesn't account for much of anything. Retailers are just obnoxious up here and think a 100% or higher markup on oil is suitable. If you find oil on special, great. You cannot buy oil from Walmart or Canadian Tire at regular price, unless you have money to burn. Amazon isn't even an option for oil, unless price is no object and/or it's something not available anywhere else. Try a Canadian postal code and browse the Canadian Amazon site for oil sometime.

Perplexingly, if an oil is too cheap at some locations, it doesn't move. Canadians seem to think there's something wrong with an oil if it's under $10 for a five quart jug. One Walmart here took forever to move their VWB at $9.88 a jug, when you'd think a shop would buy every pallet in stock.

lol.

There was a different grade stacked in the wrong tray on the shelf. Lots of 0w30 left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back