RIP Tom Petty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredibly sad! Tom Petty was one of my favorite musicians. Full Moon Fever will always be a favorite. Thanks for the wall of music Tom and may you rest in peace.

The local classic rock station has been playing him nonstop. I wondered why. RIP. His music found me when I needed it the most.

R.I.P. Tom Petty!

frown.gif

46 seconds ago, ABC News said we still don't know if he is actually gone or not.
Lets not jump to conclusions until the official announcement, please.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
TMZ says he was removed from life support.

RIP Tom
frown.gif

Yes TMZ said that. They also said he's clinging to life. He is NOT dead as of now

Heard on the radio an hour ago he was removed from life support and passed away. Sorry to hear - RIP Tom if the news is true.

When I first read it,I was thinking and hoping it was a hoax,then I got this from one of my music Yahoo Groups:

Tom Petty, the rocker best known as the Frontman of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, is dead at 66, CBS News has confirmed.
The legendary musician suffered a full cardiac arrest and was found unconscious and not breathing in his Malibu home Sunday night. He was taken to UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and put on life support, reports TMZ.
Petty rose to fame in the 1970s with his band, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The group put out several hits, including "American Girl," "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around," "Breakdown," "Listen to Her Heart" and more. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2002. Petty was also a successful solo artist and sang the megahit "Freefallin'."

I hope and pray the story is wrong.

Probably my favorite by him. He always reminded me of Dylan:

Him covering The Byrds. Beautiful song!!

"CBS News and the LAPD are backtracking on initial reports that musician Tom Petty died Monday at the age of 66.

First citing the LAPD, CBS News reported Monday afternoon that Petty was taken off life support and died at a Los Angeles hospital. The LAPD and Sheriff's Department would not confirm the news to The Hollywood Reporter, and added that they have not confirmed the news to anyone.

CBS News' report currently cites TMZ as saying that Petty is still "clinging to life" at a local hospital.

Earlier on Monday, TMZ first reported Petty was found in full cardiac arrest in his home in Malibu. Local authorities would not confirm who it was, but they did tell THR that they responded to a Malibu home on Monday morning where a man suffered a heart attack. The man was in critical condition and rushed to the hospital, they told THR.

CBS News has since deleted its tweet about Petty's death, which cited LAPD sources.

A statement was sent later Monday afternoon by a CBS News spokesperson: "CBS News reported information obtained officially from the LAPD about Tom Petty. The LAPD later said it was not in a position to confirm information about the singer and that 'initial information was inadvertently provided to some media sources.' In that statement, the LAPD also apologized for 'any inconvenience in this reporting.'"

The LAPD later tweeted out an apology: "The LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertantly [sic] provided to some media sources. However, the LAPD has no investigative role in this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience in this reporting."

@LAPDHQ (1/2)The LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertantly provided to some media sources
4:55 PM - Oct 2, 2017

@LAPDHQ (2/2) However, the LAPD has no investigative role in this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience in this reporting.
4:55 PM - Oct 2, 2017

"

Yeah, sounds like he is still on life support?

Everybody wants to be first to report it, even if they are wrong.

Runnin' Down a Dream is still my favorite driving song.

I liked the Traveling Willburys also.

Good luck to you and thanks for the memories Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back