First time grinding hamburger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the other day I bought a Choice chuck roast. I then cubed it and put it in the KitchenAid grinder. I put in 4 slices of bacon as well. I then ground everything twice.
It came out incredible. I then grilled them over charcoal and oak wood.
I made french fries too. I soaked then for several hours pouring off the starch water. Then fried them twice. Yes it took some time but worth it!

Next up is grinding onion in with the burger

Wow, looks delicious! I love steak fries or thick cut ones like you have there. The thinner ones or shoestring fries are my least favorite. Since they don't have the rich potato taste of the thick ones.

It was delicious! Even though I have to watch my carbs I used no ketchup or buns. My blood sugar 2 hours after eating that was 101.
The wife loved them! Now the clean up was not so fun, LOL!

I like the thick cut fries as well.

Makes a big difference without ketchup or a bun. Each packet of ketchup has 2 carbs in it to give you an idea. Delete the salt off the fries and add vinegar to health them up a little. Plus one won't be tempted to eat as many. I like the fries at Red Robin.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Makes a big difference without ketchup or a bun. Each packet of ketchup has 2 carbs in it to give you an idea. Delete the salt off the fries and add vinegar to health them up a little. Plus one won't be tempted to eat as many. I like the fries at Red Robin.
smile.gif

Yes, I'm learning what does what to the blood sugar.
Oh, Red Robin fries.
20.gif

Plus they have cheese fries, garlic parm fries, Poutine fries and Octoberfest burger. Ask for a side of their Campfire sauce for dipping. It's a combo of their bourbon barbecue sauce and mayo.

Last edited:
Diced onions mixed with the beef is amazing, changes the whole taste. Lately Ive been taking a slice of the onion and grilling the burger on top of the onion.

I have an older hand grinder that i have never used. Anyone used one? Do they work well for hamburers?

It is similar to this one.
vintage-universal-number-two-wood-handled-meat-grinder--3-700.jpg

Last edited:
I used a hand grinder in college. Still have it. It was cheaper to grind your own hamburger than to buy it already ground.

Try grinding it just once, i hear its better that way! Ive yet to get around to grinding my own, but I plan to!

Looks good!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Try grinding it just once, i hear its better that way! Ive yet to get around to grinding my own, but I plan to!

Looks good!

Thanks, the grinding twice was from several websites on how to grind your own.
Next time it will be once since I am making chili. I did something crazy and entered a chili contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back