Struck me funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in an am/pm yesterday, and a guy stuck his head in the door, and asked, "Hey, do you guys have diesel gasoline here?"

That is funny, though I'm not terribly surprised.

I had to think for a minute what you meant by am/pm, but I remembered seeing those gas stations in Las Vegas. Must be a west coast thing, haven't seen them elsewhere.

Funny. AM/PM I believe is a west coast thing. Not missing much...though their slurpies aren't too bad.

There was an AM-PM in Hershey, PA.

Hey, An O'Reilley's Auto Parts is opening in Queensbury, NY soon. That'll be the first one in my sphere.
Seen 'em in N.C. There are none in NY & NJ. Not needed really due to coverage

You want some real fun...what we call diesel in the US is called gasolio in Italy.
US gasoline is benzina (or something similar) over there.
I am really glad I read about this in a travel guide before I rented a car in Roma!

pfft, you'd be lucky to get a Diesel rental in Italy, esp given the cost of gasoline!

If you want diesel you might have to upgrade to something that also has an auto transmission.
That's what my experience was last Autumn

Kind've an old school synonym. Any type of propulsion fuel is gas. Any kind've soda is a coke.
laugh.gif

Saw a guy @ the ice cream place with his kids yesterday with a company van that said "American Integrity Restoration" on the side.

I commented to him i thought it ironic taking the company truck to the ice cream place.

Not sure if he realized I was just poking fun.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
I was in an am/pm yesterday, and a guy stuck his head in the door, and asked, "Hey, do you guys have diesel gasoline here?"

I can see that structure...I put gasoline in my car, and this one takes the diesel version of gasoline.

My daughter when she was about 18 months or so told me that she couldn't take certain toys into the bath as they were "bateriable"...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
My daughter when she was about 18 months or so told me that she couldn't take certain toys into the bath as they were "bateriable"...

sounds legit to me
thumbsup2.gif

Was the "non-highway" diesel oil in the UK dyed red as it is here in the US?

FYI: Red dye in your US truck's tank means you're dodging fuel taxes and you get fined.

In Saskatchewan purple gas was for agricultural and other non-highway use. Regular gas was a sort of orange - dark yellow. Premium was red. In fact people would ask for a "fill of red".

I was told you could be fined for purple staining around the carburetor, fuel pump etc. on a road vehicle.

Once when driving my friend's family's nearly new Cadillac, I was stopped on the highway by the police to check for purple gas. But they were just sore because they were pretty sure I had been speeding but couldn't prove it. And anyway I looked too young to be driving a Cadillac. Talk about profiling!

Originally Posted By: Kira
Was the "non-highway" diesel oil in the UK dyed red as it is here in the US?

FYI: Red dye in your US truck's tank means you're dodging fuel taxes and you get fined.

Only if you get caught. I drove diesels almost 20 years and was NEVER checked, not one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back