Toyota V-12 on the dyno

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my coworkers imported a century, its the older v8 version. What a nice car to drive. There is nothing quite like jumping into a car and cruising it around and having someone pull up next to you to ask what it is and it taking a few minutes to figure out where the window button is. I mustve opened and closed the wing windows several times. Really love driving it.

Its funny until i drove it he didnt know the cruise control worked. I neither read nor write japanese nor does he.

Last edited:
That's the Hampton Downs track not far north of town. Must be the only non flat track in NZ, which is strange for a country with no flat land.

Interior reminds me of a 1980s Mercedes that has been done up with a new head unit.

Not that keen on the exterior styling... is this vehicle somehow better/stronger than the Lexus LS, which has always been a "handsome" car (imo).

Wonder why this engine hasn't made it into an LS to compete with V12 S class and 7-series...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Wonder why this engine hasn't made it into an LS to compete with V12 S class and 7-series...

These things occasionally pop-up for sale in the US. I think I remember seeing one that had been swapped.

The Century was above the Lexus LS/Toyota Celsior even though it seemed like an old-school Japanese luxobarge. That 1GZ-FE has made its way into modded Supras, and it has two engine control systems - one for each bank of cylinders.

Toyota doesn't build the Century anymore. I don't think Japanese royalty wouldn't be caught dead in the new 5th gen Lexus LS500/500h.

Crazy for those people to stand around while it's running, engine let go or the drive line lets go that girl in tank top and shorts is toast.
31.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Crazy for those people to stand around while it's running, engine let go or the drive line lets go that girl in tank top and shorts is toast.
31.gif

It's no different than standing next to a car when it's idling. If the tow straps let go (very rare), the car is going forward, not sideways.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Malo83
31.gif

It's no different than standing next to a car when it's idling. If the tow straps let go (very rare), the car is going forward, not sideways.

If the drive shaft has a U-joint failure of some sort though? Its wanting to go sideways somewhere with lots of energy to send shrapnel all over the place! Or a tire blows? Everything is spinning around there at 100mph, with lots of stored energy in the dyno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back