2017 Subaru 2.5 0w20 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: John_VT
But Pennzoil says 0w20 does everything better than 5w30.
whistle.gif
36.gif

I bet that goes right out the window with a fuel dilution added to the mix..........
36.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: John_VT
But Pennzoil says 0w20 does everything better than 5w30.
whistle.gif
36.gif

Compared to "a" 5W-30, not the equivalent Pennzoil product in that grade.

As usual, good catch.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: bbhero
You are up too early demarpaint
smile.gif

It's Sunday, I'm up late. LOL

Yeah I hear ya. A very hard working cat you are. No doubt in that. I'm up too late... Haven't slept yet. Will do so shortly.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Yeah I hear ya. A very hard working cat you are. No doubt in that. I'm up too late... Haven't slept yet. Will do so shortly.

Then I guess it's good night for you? Enjoy!

That advertising is nearly identical in "quality" to the Mobil 1 AFE page:

https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-advanced-fuel-economy

Here are the two relevant statements from that page. What is the pink elephant in both these statements?

Quote:
Helps increase engine efficiency and improve fuel economy, based on 0.2-2.3 percent potential fuel economy improvement obtained by switching from higher viscosity oils to a 0W-20 or 0W-30 grade. Actual savings are dependent upon vehicle/engine type, outside temperature, driving conditions and your current motor oil viscosity.

Quote:
*Savings would be based on 0.2-2.3 percent potential fuel economy improvement obtained by switching from higher viscosity oils to a 0W-20 or 0W-30 grade. Actual savings are dependent upon vehicle/engine type, outside temperature, driving conditions and your current engine oil viscosity.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

I found this information in more than one place but this is the first one I found this morning browse down the page until you hit the blue Semi Synthetic in light blue.

http://www.patriotsubaru.com/synthetic-oil.htm

That's a dealer site not Subaru.

It also doesn't say that 5w30 offers three times the protection than 0-20. It says that semi-synthetic gives three times the wear protection than mineral based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back