What is your favorite vehicle parts store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it is RockAuto if I can wait and either AutoZone or Oreillys if I need something immediately.

Last edited:
The Auto Zone down town because it is closest. The AZ in Weymouth, 15 miles away, is the best one I've used. I use their on line catalog to get part #s and to find where parts are in stock. The new NAPA in town is a joke.

Depends on where I lived at the time. Right now it's O'Reilly's right up the street. If they don't have what I need there's an Autozone a bit further up.

For oil and filters it's been Amsoil delivered to my door since 2004. Might be Schaeffer's and FU once my thick vs thin oil test is complete...

Never had good luck with RockAuto; I've ordered from them a couple times but the shipping was horrendou$.

Rock auto for part numbers or to get an idea of options (then order from Amazon usually for the shipping), O'Reillys for stuff I need in the moment, JeepinbyAl for anything IFS Jeep related, Atlantic British for LR3 parts and the local Napa when I feel like being treated poorly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
AAP because of discount codes, closeout oil and friendly staff.

AMEN! $1.45 for gallon of PEAK 15w40:
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Aap strictly for discount codes. But I always look online and if another store is cheaper even with the AAP code ill go there. I don't discriminate. Their all right next to each other. But I prefer ebay or Amazon

Napa, Pelican, ECS, in a pinch ill get junk from AZ or AAP, butvtrybto leave it to commodity parts.

The last auto parts store I liked was Chief Auto Parts. My only parts store now is the dealership.

I generally order stuff online, however if I need a part "right now," or need to match up an oddball thing that I'm not comfortable ordering online I'll go to my local napa.

The same guy has been there as long as I can remember. He doesn't even use the computer to look things up most of the time, he's been there so long he has his stock memorized.

Employees at other local parts joints are absolutely painful to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back