48 Hrs with a 2017 MB C300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drive a 2016 MB Sprinter daily for work. I took it in to the local MB dealer for its 40k mile service and my loaner car was a 2017 C300 with the 2.0T 4cyl.

Overall I enjoyed my time with the car. Interior build quality was great, with the exception of a "bad" spot in the leather wrapped wheel. The ride was very good and the cabin was quiet. I think what impressed me most was the engine and transmission. The 2.0T makes power everywhere. Pulls hard from below 2k Rpm all the way to redline and the trans shifts amazingly crisp in Manual shift mode.

Overall I think the car is a fantastic automobile, however at $50,000 I'm not sure it would be worth it too me. I however would consider buying a "certified" pre owned C300 if I was in the market for a $35,000 car.

Did it have the pano roof? The C class now has a lot of options that used to only be on the E class, but I think the E class gained a few that aren't on the C.

Anyway, did you use the $100 off $200 service coupon that they have going on from now til 10/15? They seem to do that once or twice a year. Never saw Ford or other dealers do that.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_special/fb2017

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Did it have the pano roof? The C class now has a lot of options that used to only be on the E class, but I think the E class gained a few that aren't on the C.

Anyway, did you use the $100 off $200 service coupon that they have going on from now til 10/15? They seem to do that once or twice a year. Never saw Ford or other dealers do that.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_special/fb2017

Yes it had the panel roof! And yes I had a coupon!

Nice!
How did you enjoy the various shift options?
Personally I enjoyed the "Comfort" mode mostly. All the power without the harshness of Sport or Sport+

I had a 2017 C300 4Matic with AMG package from Enterprise this past August. Nice car but I wouldn't wanna own that beast outside the warranty period!

Im already hearing from my friends at the dealer that theyre having issues with the timing chain tensioners from the start/stop feature. I hate the styling on the new sedans, one sausage 3 sizes. We had a c300 coupe the other day that looked good, but overall i think they feel alot cheaper than they used to.

Friend of mine has one, that engine has a good amount of torque. I drove it, and was shocked how small it was inside, I could barely drive it comfortably but i guess being 6ft6 doesnt help me..friend is maybe 5ft4..still a nice car.

At first, I thought this was going to be about Aaron Judge's or Giancarlo Stanton's car...although those monstrously huge dudes would probably need a bigger vehicle.

;^)

Originally Posted By: Audios
Im already hearing from my friends at the dealer that theyre having issues with the timing chain tensioners from the start/stop feature. I hate the styling on the new sedans, one sausage 3 sizes. We had a c300 coupe the other day that looked good, but overall i think they feel alot cheaper than they used to.

I agree with you about the boring styling of some new Benz models.

Originally Posted By: Audios

The start/stop feature is annoying. Luckily it had a button to deactivate the system. I was sure to keep it off.

I will agree with most here the car is a bit small inside, but it is german. The only great part about the car to me is the turbo 4. It makes power like a happy small V8. Overall I think it's overpriced as a total package

It's probably better as a lease. I prefer the E class and it's hard to tell the difference between a C and an E whereas the previous generation it was a lot easier. Most of the options that I liked on the E are now on the C. I think with the CLA, that probably turned into the C class and everything seems to have taken a step up. Doesn't look like that one had parktronic though. Usually the loaners are kinda stripped so it's nice that you got the pano roof. Got a 2014 once as rental once before too and it didn't even have navigation which is pretty common on the E. CAFE have made the engines worse, they used to have the same engines as the E class so same amount of power in a smaller car made it faster. I think the 4 cylinder in that one makes a little less HP than the one in the E class.

The 1970s era Mercedes' were the last ones I liked. They used to be so beautiful! Mercedes has completely lost their distinctive style and looks. Back then you could spot one miles away,now they just look like KIA's.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The 1970s era Mercedes' were the last ones I liked. They used to be so beautiful! Mercedes has completely lost their distinctive style and looks. Back then you could spot one miles away,now they just look like KIA's.

Hmm... I'm not sure what Kia's you're looking at, but I've never mistaken one for a Mercedes. And it's probably the other way around, Kia's trying to make themselves look like MB's. Not really MB's fault. I did like the oval headlight styling on the W211's E class, now the newer models all sorta look the same. Still they have a lot more tech/options than other cars.

Hmm... I'm not sure what Kia's you're looking at, but I've never mistaken one for a Mercedes. And it's probably the other way around, Kia's trying to make themselves look like MB's. Not really MB's fault. I did like the oval headlight styling on the W211's E class, now the newer models all sorta look the same. Still they have a lot more tech/options than other cars.

I mistook a Kia Optima Turbo with the LED lights for a pre 2014 C-class today looking through my rear view mirror. It had the same LED light design on the lower portion of the front bumper and the previous gen MB C300. Once it got closer I could tell it was a Kia.

We just rented a C300 convertible in Florida with less than 2k on the odometer. I did like the pull of the 2.0T; it made for easy merging in traffic. Comfort mode provided smooth shifting without seeming to affect performance the way Eco mode did.

On the drive home from the airport last night, my wife noted that the start-stop in my LaCrosse was smoother than the rental MB. Go figure.

My exact thoughts on entry level and mid priced Benz, the cars look very girly and something a cheerleader would drive to high school. They now look like an upscale Kia.

BMW still retained its sexy yet very elegant good looks. Even entry level BMWs are very nice and attractive.

Probably this
lol.gif

2006_kia_amanti_base-pic-1264351568355807170-640x480.jpeg

That 'look alike' observation goes back 40 years.

We had a 77 granada we inherited; took another 22 years before another ford was purchased (1989 SHO so it WAS an improvement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back